SCRIPT ERRORS you just can't seem to fix!

Did you check to see if you spelled the background name correctly?

Or it means that there’s an error before or after the background name. Can you post a screenshot of your script?

Yes I checked because I picked it from the right

Are you trying to use your own overlays as props? You cannot use any overlays as props, only props can be used as props.

Oh that makes sense…
Thank you so much !

Hello, I’ve just started to play with running animations, and I can’t seem to find a way to make my character run properly.
Here’s my script:

EXT. MOUNTAIN ROAD LOOP - DAY
NARRATOR
Jason’s POV
@LITTLE JASON walks to spot 1.280 47 14 in zone 2 in 20 AND LITTLE JASON does it while run_jog
NARRATOR (JASON)
I knew I had to act quick, if parents would find out about this, I’ll get into trouble, but no matter I had to find some food for Ivy, those bastards think it’s okay to make a child starve for days

The issue is the character runs long enough, but while he runs speech bubbles aren’t showing, then he stops running and just slides without his legs moving, and only then speech bubbles show.
I’ve tried to put “2” instead of “20” but there’s the same problem, the difference is he runs less longer
What can I do to make him run (with legs moving) as far as the monologue is going on, and of course to make speech bubbles appear?
And there’s one more problem, while he is running he is located in the right screen part, almost hiding there.

You need to use the & sign instead of the @ sign. Also, the background you’re using is a looping one which means the background will move on its own, so you don’t need to make him actually walk to a spot, you can just place him at the spot and make him do a running animation which will make it look like he is running.

EXT. MOUNTAIN ROAD LOOP - DAY
NARRATOR
Jason’s POV
&LITTLE JASON is run_jog
NARRTOR (JASON)
Dialogue.

This thread is for script errors only. If you have any other questions or problems that don’t have to do with script errors, please reply on my help thread: Dara’s Official Help Thread. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much, and I’ve also was meaning to ask is there a way to make character smal while he is running? I used this script:

&LITTLE JASON is run_jog AND LITTLE JASON walks to spot 0.947 255 35 in zone 1 in 30

but he’s just becoming smaller while running, is there any script to make him smaller from the start?

Place him at that spot instead of making him walk to that spot

&LITTLE JASON spot 0.947 255 35 and LITTLE JASON is run_jog

1 Like

im trying to add NARRATOR to speak but it keeps popping app this:

please help

You need to have an ending puncuation like a period or exclamation point when you have dialogue that is all caps, otherwise the script thinks it’s a character.

what do you mean period or exclamation? sorr i just didnt understand. can you write an example?

A period is the dot at the end of a sentence. An exclamtion point is this: ! which also goes at the end of a sentence.

ok thank you!

Thank you :blush:

hi, i have an error and i can’t fix it . it is probably really simple but i just don’t know how to fix it…

i hope you can help…

Gain names cannot have spaces. Change the spaces to underscores.

Thanks

choice
923:“Ask about boyfriend”{
924TC
925How’s your boyfriend?
926**@EB is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop**
927EB (talk_armscrossed_angry_loop)
928We recently broke up.
929**@TC is idle_awkward_scratch_loop**
930**@FAM -1**
931readersMessage Relationship with family -1
932**}**

ERROR: The { on line 923 does not have a matching }

Remove the “s” from the readerMessage

Scrolling the forum was a great choice, I had this same problem and was getting confused