SCRIPT ERRORS you just can't seem to fix!

Remove the “s” from the readerMessage

Scrolling the forum was a great choice, I had this same problem and was getting confused

I have another issue that doesn’t seem to break the functionality of my script but it’s annoying. I don’t quite understand what they mean by naming my premium choice

choice (choice_name)

Thank you, that fixed it but why is it needed?

To make sure that your gem choice will have an effect in your story: (the choice name and option method here HOW TO: Remember Past Choices (if/elif/else))

Aaaaah, gotcha thanks again :smiley:

Hello my name is rodney and i’m new to episode and i’m having a script error message. It reads

Expected CHARACTER or SCENE change Found “WATCHER(talk_greet)” the spelling is correct and the name is capitalized so I’m wondering what’s really the error.

You need a space between the character name and the animation

Hi! I’m having a bit of trouble with my story because there’s this error saying ‘Choices must follow dialog immediately, not a branch.’ and it’s really annoying lol (Sorry this is my first time coding.)

It means you need to have dialogue before a choice.

But I’m pretty sure I have dialog before it though

Let’s see your script

I’m trying to let the readers customize a male character but it keeps saying that the label “boy_custom_1” does not exist and I do not know what to do Please help.

That’s the very first thing of the template. You either deleted it or didn’t copy the entire template and left that part out

I am trying to continue but I don’t know what I did wrong please hekp.

Are you trying to make them do those animations right after they enter the scene? If so, they should be on a different line with the format of @CHARACTER is animation

Oh ok, I left that part out in the beginning. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Now I have another problem. :frowning: I want to make editing one of the characters a choice for the readers but I don’t know the proper format. And when the options “Yes” or “No” appear and a reader chooses “No”, I still want the readers to have a chance to go back to the first option that asks if they would like to customize the character just in case they change their minds.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I was a bit busy.