SCRIPT ERRORS you just can't seem to fix!

We cannot login to your portal and look at your script. And I deeply advise you to never again post your email publicly like that. If you have any errors, you need to post a screenshot here and tell me exactly what your error is.

Please help! There is an error in my first episode which just says: ANIMATION PROPERTIES. It doesnā€™t tell me where it is or how to fix it. Please help me, Iā€™m so confused!

1 Like

Thanks so much! That really helped!

Hey, I started a story, but then I decided to delete the code and start over. I tried to type in EXT. OUTDOOR STREET LOOP - DAY to start a new code, but then I got this error: Your episode cannot end with a scene change. Please add dialogue, or remove the scene change.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

You canā€™t end an episode with just a background or you canā€™t just have a background with nothing else in your script. You need to have any other command saved after the background name. (a pause, a zoom, a character placement, literally anything else)

Okay it works now! Thanks so much!

Is anyone having problems with the update? I just updated Episode to the newest version- and the music isnā€™t playing, I changed a characters skin colour and it wonā€™t change when I view my story, and I added a prop to a character and it doesnā€™t show up. I have reloaded my computer, powered it off, and same with my iPad which I am viewing my story on. Any suggestions?

does anyone know what this means?

You need to have dialogue before a choice.

then how will that work if i want her to exit the scene, change into the outfit and then come back?

You make the choice first, then exit the scene, change into the chosen outfit, then enter again. Every choice must have dialogue right before it.

Hi Iā€™m new to the forum and was hoping you could help. Hereā€™s my error,

Thanks in Advance,
FiddlesWorth

The animation ā€œrun_casualā€ doesnā€™t exist for male characters.

Ahhh ok! Thanks for the quick reply!

1 Like

Thanks so much! You saved my script!

so there arent any ā€œerrorsā€ with my story but on my preview the characters wont stay seated or even sit.

Hi, iā€™m new so, yeah. I want my character to move from spot to spot, but without walking. He is supposed to ā€œflickerā€ like a fly or fairy.

• Thanks

Have it do a animation while she/he walks to that spotā€¦
Like this-
@CHARACTER walks to spot Blah blah in 2 AND CHARACTER does it while idle (Or any other that you prefer)

I just canā€™t seem to make it workā€¦