SCRIPT ERRORS you just can't seem to fix!

Did you create a label called DESTINY? If you don’t want readers to change the name, you’ll have to delete the code for typing in the name.

Yes delete all lines from 67 to 77. What errors are you getting?

Hello,
Thanks for reaching to me for helping me out regarding the Script errors that I can’t fix myself. I’m attaching a screenshot of that page where all these script errors are mentioned. By the way, this is my first story in Episode, so I can allow myself asking for help here and there for this or that, but I really don’t think I’d keep on doing so after posting 6 Episodes (that is created still now).
So, can you tell me/teach me how to fix this kind of errors?

Thanks,
Ani Ray

Can you be specific on what errors you’re getting?

C
Hello,
Can you see in the screenshot I have uploaded with this reply? I am getting error messages continuously under SCENES section. In the screenshot at the left side of the page’s corner, it shows all the SCENE related error messages, like EXT. BLUE - DAY or EXT. NEW YORK CITY - DAY this type of errors.
I am making my Episode chapters mainly in the mobile app and then I am rectifying errors or add sounds here on the laptop.
Can you please fix these and tell me where I’, going wrong?

Thanks,
Ani Ray

Those are not errors. That’s the list of all the scenes (backgrounds) in your script.

If you get an error, it would look like this:

10%20AM

1 Like

Hello, I am trying to make a choice for the reader if they want a brief recap of the last episode, but it won’t let me do the actual choices… help

You have a scene change (INT. BLACK - NIGHT) at the end of the “Yes” choice branch with nothing after it. You need to add a pause or some kind of command after that scene change, or just remove the INT. BLACK - NIGHT

1 Like

Check with Dara.Amarie but I believe you forgot the closing bracket before ‘Try Searching the bed.’ :thinking:

I was waiting for one of my overlays to be approved, and once it was the error message: ANIMATIONPROPERTIES appeared.
I click it to see where the error is but it just jumps to the beginning of my script. I don’t know how to fix this. Please help! :frowning:

1 Like

Do you have an overlay that you are removing in the script? When I got that error (literally just now, lol), it was because I used remove instead of clear on an overlay.

why can’t we use remove it worked before, did they change the formatting?

They may have. You are right in that it didn’t used to give an error (and I think it removed the overlay), but now it only wants @overlay OVERLAY clear.

ok thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Dara,

I don’t understand why I got animation properties error. I got all corrects scripts by last week and there is fine. I change a backgrounds and add music and sounds as wells. I save preview and i’m checking on all scripts, suddenly my scripts say animation properties errors… {;_;}

A lot of people have been getting this error message today. It looks like the Episode team removed the command “remove overlay OVERLAY” and now the only command that works is “overlay OVERLAY clear”

So if you have used the “remove overlay OVERLAY” code anywhere in your script, change it to “overlay OVERLAY clear”

I was working on my story and this error showed up out of nowhere, but I never used any overlays! Can someone please help me!

If you read the replies above, you can find your answer :wink:

Ow I see now. Thank you!

Thanks You SO MUCH! Dara! I’m really appreciate. It’s working now :slight_smile: