SCRIPT ERRORS you just can't seem to fix!

This is a great thread

Its okay I actually figured it out. Thanks anyway

1 Like

Glad you figured it out!

If you need help with customizing characters (I read your post before you edited it), just use the code:
@CHARACTER goes to character avatar

Or if you want to use good old fashioned script templates to have family members look like the MC or limited customization, you can go here: Multiple Character Customization Templates (INK & Limelight)

Okay thank you so much :two_hearts::two_hearts:

I have an error saying: ANIMATIONPROPERTIES and when I click on the error it takes me here in my script. I’m not sure what the error means and I don’t know what to fix! This is the script where the error is:

INT. APARTMENT - DAY with BOXSTACK with BOX OPEN with ASHANTIA UNBOUND

@DAWN spot 1.280 54 0 AND DAWN faces right AND DAWN is idle_jawdrop AND overlay BOXSTACK shifts to 168 -123 in 0 AND overlay BOXSTACK scales to 0.870 0.870 AND overlay BOX OPEN shifts to 195 -72 in 0 AND overlay BOX OPEN scales to 0.712 0.712 AND overlay ASHANTIA UNBOUND shifts to 117 -15 in 0 AND overlay ASHANTIA UNBOUND scales to 0.654 0.654 AND DAWN moves to layer 2 AND overlay ASHANTIA UNBOUND moves to layer 1 AND overlay BOX OPEN moves to layer 0 AND overlay BOXSTACK moves to layer -1

&zoom on 161 0 to 475% in 1

Can you help me?

p.s. I know it’s long :sweat_smile:

this is another topic thread I created with the same issue.

That error pops up if you have used remove overlay OVERLAY somewhere in your script. Episode has removed that command and it is no longer valid. You will need to change it to overlay OVERLAY clear

When you click on the error message, it takes you to the beginning of your script because the system just doesn’t know where the error is for some reason.

thank you! this worked instantly!

can someone help me? she’s not supposed to be wearing that outfit until later on.

Refresh the page. Anytime you have a character change into an outfit anywhere in the script and test it, they will stay in that outfit even when you replay from the beginning of the chapter. Just refresh the page and it will be fine.

so much. ill try that.

Hey! I have a question. I’m trying to make an offscreen speechbubble and it’s giving me warnings:
Here’s exactly what I wrote:
@speechbubble is -233 109 to 100% with tail_top_right

Speech bubble coordinates can’t have a negative. Place the bubble offscreen to the right intead of left.

I’ll try it! Thanks again!

EDIT: Thanks so much, Dara!

1 Like

Yeah um i have no clue…

You don’t need to put the word choice before every option.
choice needs to be put right before the FIRST option only to start off that choice.

CHARACTER
Dialogue.

choice
“Option 1” {

} “Option 2” {

} “Option 3” {

}

Thank you so much! And dang you reply fast!

1 Like

1 Like

all of the gifs on that link are my emotions.

1 Like

CRAPOILA! OK i have another problem and im probably the biggest noob. BUT OK here its is: