SCRIPT ERRORS you just can't seem to fix!

Thanks

choice
923:“Ask about boyfriend”{
924TC
925How’s your boyfriend?
926**@EB is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop**
927EB (talk_armscrossed_angry_loop)
928We recently broke up.
929**@TC is idle_awkward_scratch_loop**
930**@FAM -1**
931readersMessage Relationship with family -1
932**}**

ERROR: The { on line 923 does not have a matching }

Remove the “s” from the readerMessage

Scrolling the forum was a great choice, I had this same problem and was getting confused

I have another issue that doesn’t seem to break the functionality of my script but it’s annoying. I don’t quite understand what they mean by naming my premium choice

choice (choice_name)

Thank you, that fixed it but why is it needed?

To make sure that your gem choice will have an effect in your story: (the choice name and option method here HOW TO: Remember Past Choices (if/elif/else))

Aaaaah, gotcha thanks again :smiley:

Hello my name is rodney and i’m new to episode and i’m having a script error message. It reads

Expected CHARACTER or SCENE change Found “WATCHER(talk_greet)” the spelling is correct and the name is capitalized so I’m wondering what’s really the error.

You need a space between the character name and the animation

Hi! I’m having a bit of trouble with my story because there’s this error saying ‘Choices must follow dialog immediately, not a branch.’ and it’s really annoying lol (Sorry this is my first time coding.)

It means you need to have dialogue before a choice.

But I’m pretty sure I have dialog before it though

Let’s see your script

I’m trying to let the readers customize a male character but it keeps saying that the label “boy_custom_1” does not exist and I do not know what to do Please help.

That’s the very first thing of the template. You either deleted it or didn’t copy the entire template and left that part out

I am trying to continue but I don’t know what I did wrong please hekp.

Are you trying to make them do those animations right after they enter the scene? If so, they should be on a different line with the format of @CHARACTER is animation

Oh ok, I left that part out in the beginning. Thank you so much :slight_smile: