SCRIPT ERRORS you just can't seem to fix!

Okay, thanks.

Hey, @Dara.Amarie. I was spot directing my characters and finally put them into my script. When I pressed Save, it says the spot directing is not a valid directing command.

&GRACE spot 0.866 199 119 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND GRACE faces right AND GRACE is rear AND HAILEY spot 0.812 119 195 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND HAILEY faces right AND HAILEY is talk_reassure_neutral AND RACHEL spot 0.857 175 108 in zone 1 at layer 5 AND RACHEL faces left AND RACHEL is idle_handsonhips_neutral_loop AND AND STUDENT3 spot 0.839 232 152 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND AND STUDENT3 faces right AND AND STUDENT3 is rear AND STUDENT1 spot 0.839 27 170 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND STUDENT1 faces left AND STUDENT1 is rear AND HAZEL spot 0.839 103 134 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND HAZEL faces right AND HAZEL is rear AND STUDENT2 spot 0.830 67 158 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND STUDENT2 faces left AND STUDENT2 is rear AND MAIA spot 0.857 88 110 in zone 1 at layer 5 AND MAIA faces right AND MAIA is idle_awkward_uneasy_loop AND STUDENT4 0.875 280 144 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND STUDENT4 faces right AND STUDENT4 is rear

I have doublechecked for wrong spelling and there was none. How do I fix this script error?

You have double AND’s for these parts.

No, the character’s actual name is AND STUDENT3.

Oh haha that must get confusing at times!

You didn’t add the word “spot” to the spot placement before the numbers.

Oh wow! Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :wink:

Error is on line 13 and I can’t figure out what the problem is
(I’m still very new to this)
Thanks!

Remove the @ in front of NARRATOR

Thanks!

This is my code:
INT. CLASSIC LIVING ROOM - DAY

@YOUNG JULES enters from left to screen center and JULES is run_neutral
@Suzy enters from right to screen center and faces left and SUZY is run_casual

suzy just appears and starts to talk, but jules does what i want her to do, please help me

@SUZY enters from right to screen center and faces left AND SUZY is run_casual

@Suzy enters from right to screen center and faces left and SUZY is run_casual

You need to have Suzy’s name in there: and SUZY faces left

Sorry! I didn’t notice this your thread :sob:

@Dara.Amarie

Thank you so much!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjq4u_j9Y_aAhVMhuAKHfqWCkoQjRx6BAgAEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geniememe.com%2Ffunny-dog-thank-you-meme%2F&psig=AOvVaw2gSv2AoaTzBoxCXpcgTbnO&ust=1522357501429739

How can you move the dialogue/character to another spot on the screen, after finding the position?
What code would you use to place it where you want?

Are you talking about the speech bubble?

Yes

@speechbubble is x y to %

1 Like

Thank you