SCRIPT HELP - Adding a "with jacket" tappable

So basically, I am trying to add an outfit, and then the readers can tap a button so then they have the option to wear the same outfit that they chose with a jacket.

Does anyone know how to do it?

2 Likes

Do you know how to use overlays and basic choices?
If you do, here’s a guide which you might find helpful with making tappable overlays :slight_smile:

Remember to make two separate outfits, one with the jacket and one without.

3 Likes

I know how to do both basic choices and overlays, and I already have the outfits. I already have the overlay that they need to press. Its kind of hard as well because I am using Dara Amarie’s arrow outfit template.

3 Likes

Oh! Okay, I hope I didn’t offend you…

What part of it is difficult then? Could you maybe spot direct the overlay in the corner of the screen?

1 Like

No, no! You did not offend me. I can’t figure out how it can work, I guess. Here is what I have, and I know its wrong :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Do you already have an overlay named “WITHJACKET” and do you have it placed already on the screen?

1 Like

Yep!

So you just need help with adding the option to the template, right? I can go ahead and edit the template for you. Which one did you use? The 3, 5 or 10 outfit one?

1 Like

Yes, I used the 3 outfit one. Would you actually do that, though? I would really appreciate it. I don’t want to have to take time out of your day…

2 Likes

Saved to review for when I find motivation to get back to my story. :see_no_evil:

You will have to create another overlay called NOJACKET so that when they choose the WITHJACKET they can decide to go back to the outfit without the jacket. At the beginning of the template, you’ll see the WITHJACKET ui and NOJACKET ui create commands. Both overlays will have the same scales and shifts, and make sure they’re both at 0 opacity in the beginning. When you see the first outfit, WITHJACKET appears. When you tap on WITHJACKET, the character will change to that outfit and then the WITHJACKET overlay changes into the NOJACKET overlay and vise versa.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Template here
#ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS {

&ui LEFT_ARROW create and ui LEFT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW shifts to 7 187 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0
&ui RIGHT_ARROW create and ui RIGHT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW shifts to 250 187 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0
&ui CHOOSE create and ui CHOOSE scales to 0.4 0.4 in 0 and ui CHOOSE shifts to 75 110 in 0 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0 in 0

&ui WITHJACKET create [and placement, scales, opacity to 0 here]
&ui NOJACKET create [and placement, scales, opacity to 0 here]

tappable
"LEFT_ARROW" {
&ui CHOOSE opacity 0.8 in 0.1
&ui WITHJACKET opacity 1 in 0.1
goto tap_outfit_3
} "RIGHT_ARROW" {
&ui CHOOSE opacity 0.8 in 0.1
&ui WITHJACKET opacity 1 in 0.1
goto tap_outfit_1
}

label tap_outfit_1
@CHARACTER =1
&ui WITHJACKET opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui NOJACKET opacity 0 in 0.1
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 1ST OUTFIT ###############
@CHARACTER changes into OUTFIT_1

tappable
"LEFT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_3
} "RIGHT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_2
} "WITHJACKET" {
goto tap_outfit_1jacket
} "CHOOSE" {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_1jacket
@CHARACTER =12
&ui WITHJACKET opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui NOJACKET opacity 1 in 0.1
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 1ST OUTFIT WITH JACKET ###############
@CHARACTER changes into OUTFIT_1_withjacket

tappable
"LEFT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_3
} "RIGHT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_2
} "NOJACKET" {
goto tap_outfit_1
} "CHOOSE" {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_2
@CHARACTER =2
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 2ND OUTFIT ###############
@CHARACTER changes into OUTFIT_2

tappable
"LEFT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_1
} "RIGHT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_3
} "WITHJACKET" {
goto tap_outfit_2jacket
} "CHOOSE" {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_2jacket
@CHARACTER =22
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 2ND OUTFIT WITH JACKET ###############
@CHARACTER changes into OUTFIT_2_withjacket

tappable
"LEFT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_1
} "RIGHT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_3
} "NOJACKET" {
goto tap_outfit_2
} "CHOOSE" {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_3
@CHARACTER =3
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 3RD OUTFIT ###############
@CHARACTER changes into OUTFIT_3

tappable
"LEFT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_2
} "RIGHT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_1
} "WITHJACKET" {
goto tap_outfit_3jacket
} "CHOOSE" {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_3jacket
@CHARACTER =32
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 3RD OUTFIT WITH JACKET ###############
@CHARACTER changes into OUTFIT_3_withjacket

tappable
"LEFT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_2
} "RIGHT_ARROW" {
goto tap_outfit_1
} "NOJACKET" {
goto tap_outfit_3
} "CHOOSE" {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_choose
&ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui WITHJACKET opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui NOJACKET opacity 0 in 0.1
@CHARACTER is primp_neutral
        NARRATOR
    Are you sure you want to wear this outfit?
choice
<PREMIUM> "Yes!" {
readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on Instagram! with messageTitle Arrows Dressing Game Template Credit
@CHARACTER is kiss_blow_happy_atcamera
} "No, let me try the others" {
&CHARACTER starts idle
&ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0.8 in 0.1
if (CHARACTER =1) {
goto tap_outfit_1
} elif (CHARACTER =12) {
goto tap_outfit_1jacket
} elif (CHARACTER =2) {
goto tap_outfit_2
} elif (CHARACTER =22) {
goto tap_outfit_2jacket
} elif (CHARACTER =3) {
goto tap_outfit_3
} else {
goto tap_outfit_3jacket
}
}

#ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS }
2 Likes

Edited the template (little change), sorry if you already copy and pasted, but you’ll need to copy and paste it again

Thank you, and sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do I put here?
Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 13.14.01

the shift scales and opacity commands, just like the other overlays above that. Don’t keep those brackets though, i just put them there as a note to tell you what should go there.

I am not seeing the create commands for the “WITHJACKET” and “NOJACKET” overlays. Should I just put it in myself?

That’s what this is. I don’t know where you placed the WITHJACKET in your story, since you said you already placed them. So just change those to your scale and shift coordinates. Both WITHJACKET and NOJACKET should have the same scale and shift coordinates.

1. Did I do this right?? There are no errors.

2. I don’t know why this is so big, the size is smaller. Do you know why?
    Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 13.35.36

You have to use ui instead of the word “overlay”. See how the LEFTARROW and RIGHTARROW commands are formatted above that? It’s suppose to look like that.

So delete those 2 commands right underneath #ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS (those opacity commands, delete them)

This is how it should look:

&ui WITHJACKET create and ui WITHJACKET scales to 0.15 0.15 in 0 and ui WITHJACKET shifts to 205 279 in 0 and ui WITHJACKET to layer 1 and ui WITHJACKET opacity 0 in 0
&ui NOJACKET create and ui NOJACKET scales to 0.15 0.15 in 0 and ui NOJACKET shifts to 205 279 in 0 and ui NOJACKET to layer 1 and ui NOJACKET opacity 0 in 0

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I feel like my story is so much more savvy. I’m sorry, I am new to this type of coding. I don’t want to bother you with all of my questions. Again, thank you!!

1 Like

No worries! I’m never bothered! That’s why I’m here, to help everyone!

1 Like