Script Help, Starting

Hey, guys, so just started a new story but I want to let the reader pick there own name what do I put in the box at the start when creating a new character? like when you pick a “Actor” what goes in the name box?? Or do I just leave it blank?? I really don’t know :fearful:

1 Like

You could put ‘NAME or YOU’ in the box.

Dara’s website can help you.

2 Likes

Thank you

To be honest that just confused me :blush: if i put NAME or YOU in the box and the reader picks a name will it show the name they have picked?

No. You can put NAME in the display box. Whatever the reader puts in will display. I’m not doing a good job at explaining :woozy_face: @Dara.Amarie @JemU776 - Help?

The input code:
What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (NAME)

1 Like

I was confused before I even started :laughing:

If your talking about the script name when you create a character in the portal. You name them whatever you want. That will be the name you use when coding your script.

1 Like

To create a character you can put whatever name you like. Then, when you select your character when customizing it, you’ll see on the top the name that you selected repeated twice, the bottom one is on a white box. You delete the bottom name and you put “NAME” instead, then you save. It should look like this:

Then you can go to the script and code what
@LiyahxWrites wrote to you. When coding you’ll use the name you selected the first time.
I hope that this makes sense

1 Like

That kind of makes sense, I want the reader to pick there own name and for it show up above the speech bubbles when they talk will this do that?

Yes, if you code it correctly it will!

1 Like

Okay, I think I got it Thank you so much :laughing:

1 Like

See what I bolded?

Whatever you assign to the naming input should be the display name.

I see everything has been solved already but feel free to check out: UNDERSTANDING: Script + Display Names

2 Likes