Script helppppppp πŸ™„

So this is the bit in my script that is messing up.

Basically, the character SOFIA is throwing a bottle at the character NIKKO, and so I put the bottle in her hand but at opacity 0, and when the scene came, I made it opacity 1 and shifted it so it looks like she’s throwing it. Then it cuts to the first zone to show the bottle hitting the guy, and I shifted it so it hits his face then drops. But for some reason, when it drops, it automatically goes back to his face like this:

Even though the last spot area for the bottle overlay is at the bottom of the screen where it dropped. Why is it going back to his face?

I honestly don’t know why it does this, but maybe you can change its opacity at 0 after it falls :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I think you just have to change & to @ in this line:

&overlay BOTTLE shifts to 148 387 in 0.6

I don’t really know how to explain, but in you script the overlay does the two shifting almost at the same time, but if you use @ for both lines, the second animation will happen after the first one.

1 Like

i love it when someone throw something at a characters face.

2 Likes

I’m going to test the script and then I’ll tell you if I think you can fix something :slight_smile:

1 Like

INT. YOUR BAACKROUND with BOTTLE in zone 2
&overlay 6681891976773632_BOTTLE shifts to 136 328 in zone 2 AND overlay 6681891976773632_BOTTLE scales to 0.532 0.532 in zone 2 AND overlay BOTTLE opacity 0%
@NIKKO stands screen center
NIKKO (talk_argue_angry)
It’s so unfair!
@cut to zone 2
&SOFIA spot 1.519 77 -149 AND SOFIA is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop
&zoom on 320 330 to 221% in 0
&overlay BOTTLE opacity 100%
@pause for 0.2
&overlay BOTTLE shifts to -159 369 in zone 2 in 0.8
SOFIA (slapface_give_angry)
Shut up!
&overlay BOTTLE shifts to 243 322
&cut to zone 1
@zoom on 226 563 to 221% in 0
@overlay BOTTLE shifts to 131 326 in 0.6 AND NIKKO is slapface_receive_angry
sound kathunk
@pause for 0.2
@overlay BOTTLE shifts to 200 21 in 0.3

Some of the overlay placing might be off because I didn’t use the same bottle overlay as yours and I also wasn’t sure for the spotting of Nikko, so I just put screen center.

1 Like

@Annieways

This one helped! Thank you

@Sydney_H can you close this please?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.