Script Issues - Can you please help?

Hi guys, below is a small section of my script and the bottom line where Emily is walking from zone 3 in to zone 2 is what I am having issues with. Basically, I want the zoom to track with her rather than zoom past her body before arriving where I want it to, does that make sense?

Please help if you can, thanks :slightly_smiling_face: xx

@transition curtain in_left black in 2
INT. CITY OFFICE - DAY
@cut to zone 3 AND zoom on 746 429 to 291% in 0
@EMILY spot 0.631 106 341 AND EMILY faces left AND EMILY is rear AND CHRIS stands screen center in zone 2 AND CHRIS faces left AND CHRIS is rear

EMILY (talk_neutral_loop_rear)
I can't believe its been 18 years ........

@pause for a beat
@cut to zone 2 AND zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0

CHRIS (talk_neutral_loop_rear)
What's been 18 years?

@EMILY faces left AND EMILY is idle
@cut to zone 3 AND zoom on 746 429 to 291% in 0

EMILY (talk_startled_neutral)
Chris!

@EMILY walks to screen right in zone 2 in 4 AND CHRIS faces right AND CHRIS is idle AND pan to zone 2 in 4 AND zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 4

you can use follow

Dont think she can…i think follows work following left to right not right to left (so in others words zone 1 to zone 2 NOT zone 2 to zone 1)

maybe try something like this you’ll need to use spot directing to

@CHARACTER walks to spot ###### in 4 THEN CHARACTER walks to spot ###### in zone 2 in 3 AND CHARACTER does it while walk_neutral AND pan to zone 2 in 4
&zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 4

Stella is right.
Emily is going to screen right; therefore, it will work.

@follow EMILY to screen right in zone 2 AND CHRIS faces right AND CHRIS is idle

but shes coming from zone 3

Because she stated the zone to follow to it’s fine.

Template:
@follow [CHARACTER] to [SCREENPOSITION] in zone # in S.

Ok now wheres the zoom at dont forget the zoom she said

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.