Script or Coding Error

Hey
Can anyone explain how i can fix this?
I’ll add an attachment of what is wrong below
I’m in a cafe and trying to get both characters on the screen sat of either side of the table using an episode provided background but it will only show one and I don’t know what to do because when i’ve zoomed out you cant see the characters proper or i’ve tried to move the background over and it wont move

1 Like

Is is more than 1 zone?

Its an episode background so i think its split in 3 zones

1 Like

I think it is because 1 character is in a zone but the other character is in a different one
Like the character you can see the most is in zone 3 but the other character is in zone 2

Do you think id be best using a different background because i dont think that you can edit episode background zones can you?

1 Like

I would use a background with 1 zone and cut the table out and use it as a overlay if you wanted to have the characters behind the table and then you would have both characters in the same zone or if u wanted to use the background you could just zoom in on the characters faces when they are talking

there is nothing wron with what you have - simply the backgrouns is done so than you do not see both seats in one zone.

You solve it with zoom - to zoom on one and than on the orher character when they speak.
If you want to see them both you can using the zoom shift the camera between the zones too

Do you know anything about overlays

yes I believe I know a lot about overlays

So i’ve managed to insert a car overlay but i don’t know how to make it move across from one zone to another as if its driving off

you need to shift the overlay “in time”
simply shift it in the preview vindow to the "end position) and copy the shift command that will be under the preview window.
you will just need to ad time so it will move and not jump there instanstly
and if you want to se all the zones you will need to make simultanoustly a pan

here is all about animationg overlays in detail:

Can anyone tell me where my coding went wrong as i was following a tutorial and it didn’t work even when i changed the & symbols on the characters or the @ signs at the characters

INT. BEAUTY STREET VIEW with BLACK JEEP

@cut to zone 1

@SCARLETTE RENAE moves to layer 1

&overlay BLACK JEEP shifts to -640 0 in 0
&overlay BLACK JEEP shifts to 0 0 in 5
&SCARLETTE RENAE spot 0.396 -528 236 AND SCARLETTE RENAE faces right

@SCARLETTE RENAE walks to spot 0.396 112 236 in 5 AND SCARLETTE RENAE is idle

1 Like

Did u try changing
To
@SCARLETTE RENAE spot 0.396 -528 236 AND SCARLETTE RENAE faces right
?

Yes and it still didn’t work

1 Like

Have u tried changing the points that the car shifts too?

you are not using the & and @ right

explanation & happens together with & or @ under it

so iff you want 4 things happen in the same time you will have commands starting

&
&
&
@

try this instead:

INT. BEAUTY STREET VIEW with BLACK JEEP to 1 -640 0
@SCARLETTE RENAE moves to layer 1

&overlay BLACK JEEP shifts to 0 0 in 5
@SCARLETTE RENAE walks to spot 0.396 112 236 in 5 AND SCARLETTE RENAE does it while idle

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.