Script templates! I will help you!

This is a playlist of a bunch of script templates I have created and used in my story. I thought you guys could use a way to know how to code this kind of stuff I do. For instance, the timed choices. I will be posting from time to time and feel free to chat in this topic too!

If you need a template for ANYTHING, I will help. Just comment on this topic what you need and I will try to find out how I can do that for you.

First script template!

1. Relationship has changed.

Ok, so the title explains this one. Basically, it makes it so a choice the player makes affects the players friendship or relationship with a person in the story. For instance:

In one of your episodes, you want the player to choose to go with a friend or not. You give the player the choice:

choice [timed:10]
“Go on a trip to the bahamas with Giulio!”{

}
“Don’t go on a trip to the bahamas and risk losing your friendship.”{

}

Then let’s say in the next episode, after he gets back from the bahamas, you want the story to change based on whether the players friendship. Well, you do this:

choice [timed:10]
“Go on a trip to the bahamas with Giulio!”{
@FRIENDSHIP +10
}
“Don’t go on a trip to the bahamas and risk losing your friendship.”{
@FRIENDSHIP -10
}

in the next episode:

if (FRIENDSHIP > 10){

GIULIO
Thanks for coming to the bahamas with me!
}
if (FRIENDSHIP < 10){

GIULIO
NEXT TIME YOU ASK ME TO GO ON A TRIP WITH YOU,
I’M NOT GOING!
OUR FRIENDSHIP’S OVER!!!

@FRIENDSHIP =0
}

Add these choices throughout the story, and then you can use this same logic to make any cutscenes happen based on the player’s friendship level.

Can you explain what :timed: means?

It means the choice is timed. The player has a limited time to choose the choice

Check out this thread on timed choices: