Semi realistic backgrounds

Hello everyone!

I’ve been working hard at finding some websites that provide semi realistic backgrounds (the ones like Episode provides). I’ve found one or two, but both of them probably have copyrights to the images.

I was interested to know if any of you know any kind of this websites that you can tell me of, that provide free backgrounds, of course. (And no, I don’t want websites like Pixabay, Pexels…)

I hope you can help me! :blush: :heart:

4 Likes

arent those @amepisode she doesn’t like people share her drive and .which I understand, or was that Alexa there didnt want that

3 Likes

I knw her drive, but I don’t want drives. I was looking for websites.

Usually, the ones that are semi-realistic that aren’t copyright are 3D backgrounds created by Episode community members like J. Miley and Wincy W. They use a program called Daz I think.
From J. Miley’s IG

From Wincy’s IG

2 Likes

Are they free to use?

1 Like

The website, or the backgrounds?
The backgrounds are on their websites/drives
I’m pretty sure they pay for the stuff to make the backgrounds though.
If you want nice stuff, you have to pay for it, or support those who do.

1 Like

Oh ok I completely respect them and I won’t use anything without paying and thanks for telling me

1 Like

How Daz 3D works is you usually pay for the materials (everything is pre-drawn and rendered as 3D). There are things you can download for free but the better stuff is ones you pay for. On the software itself you assemble and create your “scene” or background. You save those and can use it for your story.

Authors that @AnnieAEpisode mentioned have the paid license to use this software, so they create their backgrounds and overlays there and may do additional editing on other programs like Photoshop. They do have drives with all their renders for people to use but check their terms while using their stuff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you checked Freepik? It’s more vector style but it may have what you are look for. Freepik stuff usually free for commercial use + attribution required (unless you have a premium subscription). So as long as you are crediting the creator there’s no copyright issue.

I don’t think you can find Episode art style ones which are not copyright, these are usually from anime or other interactive apps.

2 Likes

Exactly. I know they have quite some in their drives, but I won’t be paying for that programm. So, sometimes I use the backgrounds they provide.

Yes, that’s exactly what I think. It’s extremely hard to find backgrounds in the style of the Episode ones.

So, I’ll try the website you recommended and then I’ll tell you if it helped me. Thank you.

That’s a nice idea. Thank you!

Ohh I understand now thank you so much! :grin:

1 Like

episode Life, I’d recommend

1 Like

I know it too, that one is super nice! But thanks for the recommendation.

You’re right, I don’t like people sharing my drive in this way, esp as that link doesn’t take you to the T&C.
I respectfully ask that people don’t share particular backgrounds or my drive link, but direct people to either my profile here or my Instagram and use that link to access my drive.
Appreciate you looking out for me, thank you :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you for clarifying it to us.:blush:

1 Like

Hey! You can check out my drive. Link in my bio. @luna_epsd

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Hi, I use cleanpng for all of my overlays & backgrounds! It’s copyright free & sometimes you have to do a little digging to find what you’re looking for but they have a ton of stuff!

2 Likes