Serializing stories or releasing all at once?

Hey there, so I have this idea for a story and I’ve even started outlining some. I’ve been wondering though, is it better to just write the entire story and then release it or should I update it with episodes weekly? I’d like to know both what you’d suggest as a writer as well as what you’d prefer as a reader. I’m planning on the story being about 10-15 episodes or so long if that helps any. Thank you!

2 Likes

I personally think its a LOT easier to write all as once and realize all at once, Its a lot less hassle than having to promote it and try and write it. But that my opinion

2 Likes

The usual is that you post weekly but it can be much stress with fan mail and stuff. But since it is only 10-15 episodes long, i think that you publish it all done and finished. Then it is easier for the writer and the Reader. But that`s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Argeed. :slight_smile: And most of the time you get readers looking for more chapters in a story, So you probably get a lot of reads :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I myself tend to skip over stories with only a small number of episodes; I want to read something that I know the author didn’t just abandon.

2 Likes

Finish it all at once then post 5 or so episodes then post the rest twice a week

1 Like

I have written a crime solving series and I am releasing 1 short story separately, only because I want to introduce the series, the next two stories that I have planned I will release together as I think it might be too short and some readers might not like that and get bored easily, each story has roughly 4 episodes to it.

1 Like