Serious Question on Choices

Would you rather have episodes that take longer to write but choices matter significantly and impact the story line or have episodes that take a moderate time to make but the choices don’t matter all that much?

1 Like

I always love reading stories that have meaningful choices, even though it can be a pain in the ass to write :joy:
I think it’s definitely worth it, it adds a wonderful touch to any story!

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community as this is doesn’t fit into any of the Creator’s Corner sub-forums. Please review the Forum Tutorial before creating new topics. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me, it depends how long it takes the author to write. If the author can do a long-episode in under a month (preferably quicker) then I’d rather see those. However, if it takes the author like two months for a single episode… I doubt I’d complete the story because of how frequently the story updates…

1 Like

It depends a lot on the story, to be honest. Some stories are just better off without choices that matter but on the other hand, stories with choices that matter are really interesting and keeps me a lot more hooked than most other stories. However, if they take months to update I’m not sure I’d actually prefer them over stories with choices that don’t matter.

1 Like

I write a little bit, and I know the way I wan’t the plot to go. So since I already have a decided plan on what should happen, I don’t add any meaningful choices that determine the plot since everything is planned. I just like to keep one idea otherwise I get too confused on what I am writing.

1 Like

I can usually write and post up to 2 episodes a day

1 Like

I’m currently working on a story that has about 8 different endings depending on the choices you make. There are scenes you can see/miss depending on what ya do. There is info that you can loss/gain depending on the choices. There will even be minor/major character deaths depending on your chioces. yeah it’s a lot of work, and each epsidoe will be well over 2000 lines. but I believe it’s worth it cause it’s the kinda story I wouldn’t mind reading again and again just to see what I missed out on, or what could have happened had i choose something else.

2 Likes