Sexual assault in stories?

Hey… so I’m going to put a trigger warning here as I will be mentioning sexual assault and I don’t want anybody to be hurt.

So, a few years ago I went through something quite terrible. It was done by someone I’d known for 11 years. I don’t want to say much because I’m not comfortable with telling people yet… but you know what I’m getting at. I never talk about it and it’s hurting me to keep all this pain inside so I wondered if it would be okay to write a story around it? Like, my own true story.

Of course I would have a warning at the beginning, and it would never show or give any graphic details as to what exactly happened, I just want to write about a character healing and showing the reality of how difficult day to day life is when you’ve gone through that kind of thing. I want people to know that they aren’t alone.

I’m just wondering if this is a bad idea? I know that I am allowed to talk about it but my whole story would be around it. Is that allowed?

Thank you :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I am so sorry something like this happened to you. In case you want to talk (more or less anonymously) you can always dm me!!!

I think as long as you put a trigger warning and don’t show any graphics of abuse or assault, it’s fine but I would check out the guidelines first to prevent putting hard work into a story and it being banned later :confused:

1 Like

Hi, first off I wanted to say that I am very sorry that happened to you. I sincerely hope you are in a better place than where you were then. I don’t think that it would be a bad idea at all, actually I feel like it would make people feel better since they would know they weren’t alone! Just make sure there aren’t any explicit scenes unless you want your story to get taken down. But if it’s like A Toxic Relationship by Melia Summers than I’m sure it’ll be fine!

2 Likes

omg! i’m so sorry you had to go through that! :cry: If you ever need a friend, just know that I’m here for you and that you can DM me whenever you feel like it!

Onthe story part, I think that it would be okayb as long as you don’t put in any graphic details. If you get around to write and you publish it, please let me know the name of you story becuase I would think that it would an amazing story, and other people in the Episode community who have gone through that experience, will know that they are never alone!

I wish you all the best on your story, and just know that you always have me if you want to talk! :heart:

It’s allowed as you will be showing MC’s healing process, you can write anything you want as long as it follows the guidelines. And you’re giving a trigger warning as well, I don’t see anything wrong it!

2 Likes

I am sorry that you’ve been thought something like this!

And I believe that writing a story would be a great idea.

Hi! I just wanna remind you how strong you are and how brave you are for telling your story! Also, did you ever get around to writing this story?

1 Like

I know how you feel, I went through something similar - if you ever need to talk, I’m here :))

I would love to read a story about someone healing from trauma, just add a trigger warning and don’t add any graphic parts and you’ll be good to go!

1 Like