Sexuality and religion

Can I write a character who is out as gay but also wants to follow religion? This is actually a real issue for some people and I just want to be respectful.

5 Likes

I don´t really see why not

6 Likes

your story, your imagination, your choices. i actually can see great plot for this story!

2 Likes

shane dawsons mom is really religious and has a gay son that she looks up to and respects.

inspiration much…?
Hell yea

7 Likes

Why not? Do it!

2 Likes

They can be homosexual and follow their religion. There’s a lot of people in this community that are both part of the LGBT+ community and very religious.

5 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

2 Likes

of course! Just make sure to research and ask people who follow a religion and are gay information

5 Likes

Of course, there’s many LGBT+ people who are part of a religion and there’s also straight allies who happen to be religious as well. As stated before, make sure to do research, maybe even ask people around the forums who are both gay and religious.

3 Likes

Of course! As a bisexual catholic, I would love to see some representation of lgbt religious people!

2 Likes

@ShanniiWrites is a bisexual catholic. Might be worth dropping her a message :wink:

4 Likes

Feel free to! I am very serious about my faith and also a member of the LGBTQ community.

4 Likes