Share/Ask for some art tips! šŸ˜

Hello talented artists :heart_eyes::sparkles:
Thereā€™s a lot of new talented, creative and amazing artists and what do new artist need more then get better and make progress with their art?
So why donā€™t you ask for some tips in here?
Plus I know a lot of super talented artists who knows all the tricks and will love to help you!
So letā€™s go for it :grin:
But a few things first to make this topic an organized and helpful place! ~

ā€¢ No drama please :slightly_smiling_face:
Letā€™s keep this topic calm :upside_down_face:

ā€¢ donā€™t get too disappointed if you didnā€™t get an answer to your question :sweat_smile:

ā€¢ all artists, old, new, Realistic or episode style can give or ask for tips and tricks!

ā€¢ if someone gives a wrong answer please correct him calmly and donā€™t get mad or anything :blush:

ā€¢you can share your art as well if youā€™d like!

Thank you so much for wanting to help :heart:
Good luck!

ā€¢ Random tags

@LariYaa @Cookies1 @BlueSnowflake09 @Blake_episode @Lexxie @PropertyofNae @PugPasta @EpisodeMirana @XOXOXO @Amiraa @UltimaW @LilyLunaEpisode @Jany @episode.hailey @Rosezombiefreak @EpisodeGamer1 @talesbyrose @lanafrazer_episode @Sunset_Shimmer @phlegmatic @Penny2 @Benzie.stories @Nina07 @ThatRandomPerson @esturiia @Gabby.creates @appleqrl @Linlin330 @SniperGoddess1 @Erika_R @ShortneyShadow @Silver_Shadow @SASB @xetic @SmileyOcto @paigebarr @epy.edits @CalyPhina @eilyk @Bridi @Gamer_Gurl @Bumblebree @rubywrites @Cheyara_Skadi @keiji @LanaAugustine @Epiexpert @oorgeloop @Baby_Blue @Zelda04 @epyjayda @Shuka @EllasStorys @Bethany1 @jassie12dw @Unicorngirl2 @AuthorMDWrites @fcukforcookies @MayPenny @Lauren.H @Maria.StoryWritter @estherdekker @xSundayCoffeex @Cassandra_Dean

Sorry if you didnā€™t got tagged :sweat_smile:

28 Likes

Ooh love this thanks for the tag boo

3 Likes

Thxx 4 the tag!

2 Likes

Thank for the tag :heart: ill be sure to help people where i can and id love to pick up some tips :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Ohh cool idea thanks for the tag

Thatā€™s a great tip thank you :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Cool thread! Thanks for the tag, Iā€™ll gladly help if thereā€™s any questions I can answer, or if I come up w something useful hah

3 Likes

Thanks for tag! I can gladly Help if anybody needs Any tips!

2 Likes

I suggest if youā€™re a beginner to look At other peoples edits/drawings for inspiration. Donā€™t copy them though! You can make a art folder were you have plenty of drawings saved in it. It helps a lot, trust me. And if you do Wanna try realistic art you can always start by drawings realistic eyes, drawing lips etc before you for example start drawing a face. What I did When I was a beginner was to look At a lot of tutorials and try to follow them a bit. Also if you do outlines I suggest adjusting the settings so you are able to make better and straighter lines. For example on Ibis Paint x, turn on force fade because it helps a lot. And of course experience a lot with your style. If youā€™re not happy with something in your drawing/Edit, try to improve it instead of just leaving it like that. Anyways, hope this helped a bitā¤ļø

5 Likes

Thx for the tag :two_hearts:

1 Like

Nice idea, thanks for the tag :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx for the tag, will help anybody.:hearts:

1 Like

Thx chu for ze tag

1 Like

thanks for the tag darl! :heart:

Thank you for the tag :blob_hearts:

even though Iā€™m the last person who should be giving advice :joy:

2 Likes

Your art is really beautiful you can give amazing advices :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh wait hereā€™s a tip that most people know but donā€™t like the idea of :joy:
:clap: blurring/airbrushing :clap: is :clap: not :clap: the :clap: only :clap: way :clap: to :clap: shade :clap: and :clap: highlight :clap:
There are so many tools you can use donā€™t limit yourself to just one! even if it takes more time.
donā€™t get me wrong airbrush and blurring is fine but donā€™t use just that in your drawings (Iā€™m guilty of this too because I get lazy :sweat_smile:) most likely the ending piece will end up looking flat :woman_shrugging: and thatā€™s about all I got lol

5 Likes

A tip of mine is- dont be afraid to use loads of layers, they can help in so many ways, resizing, shading, highlighting and when you need to erase if things are on different layers youre less likely to accidentally erase a line near whatever youre erasing.
Also, negtive and positive space (which i honestly forget about but im trying to improve onšŸ˜‚) if your character is in the middle of the page and the surroundings are white try to make it less empty, even if its adding a circle behind the character!
Check the thumbs are on the crrect side, i see it happen a lot where artists have completed a piece with the left (for this example) palm flat, facing up but had the thumb closest to the viewer(?) When it should be on the futher side (if that makes sense)
By no means is my art amazing or even remotely decent :joy: but if anyone needs inpiration or references i will help out where i can, or if anyone would like me to essentially ā€œreviewā€ their work, like point out anything that could be improved or that are incorrect for the human body (i cant spell the proper word ngl :joy:) such as the thumb thing i mentioned xx

just some of my art

Please dont steal, trace, copy or reuse my work in anyway as my art does take me between 5 and 24 hours (sometimes up to 72 hours), of actual drawing time, to complete. :heart:

6 Likes

Thanks for the tag :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank u for the tag :hugs: ur rlly sweet and this is an awesome thread u came up with :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Eventho I dont think I can help that much, here are some tips for brand new artists...
  • dont be afraid to get out of ur comfort zone. Improvise, try different things. and be aware that not all ur tries will be good, but u will see what u like and prefer so in the end it will all be worth it
  • most of new artists dont actually have all equipment for drawing. Instead they use their phones and fingers. I am still using that since I cant afford iPad or iPad pan rn, so here is a tip. draw ur art on paper first. draw an outline and when ur done take a pic of it, insert it in ur app and woila, u have an outline u can work on. Its a lot easier that way and ur character wont have strange nose just because u couldnt zoom enough to compare it with rest of the head while drawing
  • dont compare ur finished art to others. it just makes u think bad of urself. u did it and u should be proud of it. the fact that its not better than art of a person who has been doing that for months shouldnt discourage u from trying further. but ofc u should learn from other artists. just dont compare urself to them. ur not them, and they are not u. believe in urself :upside_down_face:
3 Likes