Share Your Character Creation Woes

I thought I’d create this thread for us to all share our issues, grievances and woes about character creation on Episode! Personally, one of the problems I have at the moment (apart from the fact that all of the LL characters look airbrushed and none of the red hair colours look like proper ginger) is that ALL of the beards are black. I can’t put any of the facial hair on a blonde character without them looking real silly.

I have a few questions for you all!

1. Do you often find that you can’t match a character on Episode to the image you have in your head?

2. What do you think Episode could do to improve the quality of their character customisation on the writers’ portal?

3. What is the next update for characters you really want to see?

3 Likes

Do you often find that you can’t match a character on Episode to the image you have in your head?

All the time. I have a lot of stories I’ve written before (most of them are unfinished though) and I have so many story ideas but can’t bring them to life on Episode since the way I imagined them is so different from the styles that Episode has. I’ll most likely save them for a different platform later in the future…however, the Episode styles are cool and it’s nice how they work hard on them : )

What do you think Episode could do to improve the quality of their character customization on the writers’ portal?

When it comes to customization, I’m too lazy to even create characters to customize (I just add their names into the script and use the randomizer to make them.) What Episode could do to improve the quality of their character customization is add all the features in a CC template into Writer’s Portal as well as allow us to save our own CC templates. Also, it would be so nice if NONE finally become an option that one could select in a story ^^

What is the next update for characters you really want to see?

The next update I want to see are new hairstyles from Episode that haven’t been released yet but were Featured in Love Life. I also want to see this update happen: FEATURE: Separate Section for Facial Hair

Thank you for reading :black_heart:

3 Likes

I find it frustrating that episode has gone through 3 separate styles and still hasn’t given creators the ability to represent different body types, that’s the update I want to see, the ability to customize body types. I would also appreciate the ability to accurately represent anyone outside of the 14-30 (if we’re being generous) age demographic in Limelight. If they are planning on releasing freckles and beauty marks I’d also like crow’s feet and dark under eye circles and smile lines etc.

2 Likes

1. Do you often find that you can’t match a character on Episode to the image you have in your head?
No, because I totally just wing it when creating characters heh

2. What do you think Episode could do to improve the quality of their character customisation on the writers’ portal?
Not sure if you just mean, when we are making characters or if you’re talking about implementing CC templates. But since I only have a comment for the first one, that’s how I’ll answer.
I really really really wish they put the LL skin stones in colour order. It would just look better and that was the whole reason they said they were changing the names of them in the first place.

3. What is the next update for characters you really want to see?
I don’t mind what we get. We’ve been teased with a lot of cool features coming from the latest featured stories and I’ll be happy with anything… However, I’d really appreciate if they could do everything at once so I don’t have to change my CC templates every Thursday!

3 Likes

This is a really nice thread~

Do you often find that you can’t match a character on Episode to the image you have in your head?
100%. Although I still find it fun to see what the Episode version of each of my characters looks like. I like the process of trying to find the closest thing to what I had in mind for each character, it’s a challenge. The only thing that really bothers me with this is the lack of clothes in INK and Limelight. It’s hard to create a story on Episode where characters have to be wearing a specific kind of style that isn’t the usual, casual style that we wear in the present day. I wish there were more clothes for the horror, adventure, and fantasy genres.

What do you think Episode could do to improve the quality of their character customisation on the writers’ portal?
As I said above: clothes. We need more clothes. Clothes that differ from the current style.
Otherwise, I’d say that we need more features for older characters. I want wrinkles and longer beards, that’d be a nice place to start. Limelight characters look very young, especially male characters, it’d be nice to have more customization options for them (starting with more haircuts).

What is the next update for characters you really want to see?
Again: clothes. Aside from that, features for older characters would be great :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess that happens a lot. I write in INK and though I think it has a great variety of hair styles, colors and clothing I sometimes feel like I have to compromise how I want my character to look because there’s not always the facial structures or hair styles I’m looking for.

What do you think Episode could do to improve the quality of their character customisation on the writers’ portal?
I think there’s should be more clothing options. Basically all of the clothing is typical, American everyday wear and it doesn’t really represent different cultures, religions etc. which would be very nice to have as makes characters more unique.
Also, I would really, really want for Episode to make different body types. All characters are good-looking and fit and it sometimes becomes very difficult to make a realistic story simply because all people just don’t look like that.

What is the next update for characters you really wan[/quote]t to see?
Different body types, definitely!

1 Like
  • Do you often find that you can’t match a character on Episode to the image you have in your head?
    Yes! Especially when it comes to elderly people, different body types, and children. In the chapter where all the seventh graders’ moms were introduced, I pictured one of the moms as a plus-sized woman, but I really couldn’t create her that way because we only have one body type. There’s also a story that I started writing but can’t release just yet because of limited body types and hairstyles.

• What do you think Episode could do to improve the quality of their character customisation on the writers’ portal?
    Have a script template for full customization and limited that we can just copy and paste into our script with the name of our character (for those who don’t allow the option of having the reader choose the name) by asking us which character we want to customize.

• What is the next update for characters you really want to see?
    More hairstyles (curly ponytail please!), different body types, and realistic facial features for elderly people.

2 Likes

Honestly my main problem is that I can’t get the males on Limelight to look anything like I picture. The ink style is much more versatile but Limelight guys all look the same, and I don’t like any of the eyes. I know I’m just complaining but it really puts me off LL for some reason??

2 Likes

Bumping this :smile: :sunny:

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Recently my biggest problem has been representing fantasy races…

Although I saw horses in the Episode story on Insta… I wonder…?

2 Likes