Share your opinions here (read the questions)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

So the first question is…

Would you read a story if the first chapter is short but the following chapters are longer?

The first chapter of my story is 5 minutes long, but the other chapters will be at least 7 minutes long (my goal is 12 min). I will update regularly, but I want to know your opinions about chapter lenght.

1 Like

Yep, I don’t mind!

2 Likes

hmm, usually when the first chapter of a story is under 10 minutes i usually don’t continue the story. even if the author promises longer chapters, i have trouble trusting like that. but, i’m one of the rare people who like chapters to last about 20 minutes… so it really depends

2 Likes

I understand! We all have our preferences and it’s fine.

The thing is that I feel capable of updating 3 times a week if the chapters are 10 minutes long. I know that people don’t like to “waste” passes but I wouldn’t use early access or any gems in the story (because I know that many people hate this), so idk.

1 Like

Because I don’t have a lot of free time, I like episodes to be anywhere between 8-15 minutes long. This is a time frame I tend to place on my episodes which I write, too.

If an episode turned out to be 5 minutes, the likelihood is I wouldn’t continue as that’s really rather short, and unless it has plenty of content crammed in there, I just wouldn’t want to consider only read a tiny portion of a story every time it was updated.

2 Likes

i normally prefer medium-long stories, bcs i wouldn’t read a story that was 2 mins long nor one that is 15 min.

2 Likes

I appreciate your opinions. I wanted chapter 1 to be short and make chapter 2 longer thinking that readers wouldn’t want an overwhelming first chapter, but idk

1 Like

For me, it’s not really about the length, but about the content. If you’ve given me enough to intrigue me, I will definitely not mind the length of the episode.

4 Likes

Generally speaking, yes I would if the first chapter has proven to be well-written and managed to hook me in to continue playing. If not, then I exit.

In the case of your story, the time frames don’t match my personal preferences. I’m one of those readers that prefer chapters to be on longer side, so around 20 minutes or more. :full_moon_with_face:

I quite often feel let down when chapters are too short for my liking, even more so when the chapters are short but EA or STW is also implemented (don’t know if you want to add those) but yeah, just my opinion.

2 Likes

Don’t worry! I won’t add gems or EA, I will try to update 2-3 times a week so it’s easier for people to binge read.

I fixed the first chapter and made it longer without adding meaningless scenes or dialogues, so thank you for the feedback

1 Like

Yes, I will still read it.

2 Likes

I have a second question… what do you think about 2 MC in stories? Share your opinions and tips if you want. I haven’t seen many stories with more than 1 MC, so idk.

2 Likes

The story I’m writing right now has 2 MCs, but I opted not to do CC at all as well. No idea how much people are gonna like that when I finish, but I feel like the typical Episode MC tends to be sorta bland and non-distinct because they are meant to be a reader stand-in and the custom name and appearance are a part of that. I feel like having 2 would feel redundant because they would likely seem like the same character to me haha. I mean, you can give CCed characters distinct personalities, of course, but it may make people more miffed when their character says and does things that they themselves wouldn’t say/do. idk really, I would prefer if the characters were less bland but I think I may be in the minority on that one.

1 Like