Share your story trailers!

So I’m trying to make a trailer for my story, but I’ve never done it before and I could really use some examples! I guess this could also help you promote your stories too, so please share your trailers!

(Lol I don’t even know if you can share videos on forums… :joy:)

1 Like

You can check mine out.

I don’t have any tips. I usually just record some clips or use a photo, add music behind it, then add some filters. I use iMovie to make the trailer.

Here’s another one from @kheyrwrites

Another one from @writingspirit

sorry for the tags :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for the mention!

1 Like

Thank you!! :blush:

I think you could also benefit from looking at VN trailers - even though you’re probably doing cinematic. They have a focus on story, so they’ll be edited differently from movie or video game trailers.

My main tips for longer trailers is show a scene example that represents your story aesthetic and if you code minigames include a snippet. You just want readers to get a feel for how your story is, so if you approach making a trailer with that mind, you’ll probably do well. And if it’s just a sneak peek, you can do something relatively simple like we did. All about the aesthetic.

5 Likes

Thanks so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

The first trailer has me shaking! I plan to achieve this. Thank you for sharing this :black_heart:

1 Like

Thank you for the repost, Aaliyah! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

When it comes to trailers, you have to think of a music/song to fit with it, and use some scenes from your story to add to the video editing app, I use InShot which is a perfect one for me, so feel free to get some inspiration. Make sure it isn’t too long, let’s say about 1 minute, because it will be short on instagram when u post, so it have to be short.

But, everyone have different views about trailers, so yeah. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRAILER GIRL!! IT’S GOING TO BE GREAT! Tag me when it’s out, I’d love to see! @Anna.Epp :purple_heart: :100:

Here’s 2 of my trailer, one from A Prince’s Curse.

Magicka Story Trailer

3 Likes

Agree!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Actually I saw your magicka trailer before it’s the reason I wanted to make my own trailer I loved it :heart_eyes::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, and I’m glad you’re starting your trailer!! It’s fun and a little complicated when you want it to go SMOOTHLY. XD :v:t3: :100: :purple_heart: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

As @lanafrazer_episode said, I do agree that when it comes to making trailers, you need to make a song that fits best for your trailer and to add some scenes that you would feel on what would be best to use for your trailer for whatever video editing app you use; you should also not make your trailer too long, or at least make it around 1-2 minutes so the people who would see your trailer could be a lot more engaged with it, even though with my two trailers I did it in under 2 minutes. If you want to post your trailer on Instagram or any other social media, I do agree that Instagram or some other social media will make your trailer video short. I also agree with @writingspirit that when it comes to making trailers, you can show scenes that represent your story aesthetic, and it can give the readers a feeling of how your story is. So here are my Seasons 1-2 Trailers of Super Wolf Girl (Both seasons are all in one story with Season 1 having 10 episodes and Season 2 (the current season that I am working on) having 2 episodes so far) :

Season 2 Trailer:

3 Likes

Here mind!

Never Look Away By melody Lina

3 Likes

Here is my trailer for my Magicka contest entry. It’s my first trailer ever, so I’m not an expert on this. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks you so much!! :blush: those trailers are so cool :heart_eyes::pleading_face:

1 Like

Thank you!!! :blush:

Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Auremiol @lanafrazer_episode @LiyahxWrites @writingspirit @kheyrwrites @Tabitha_Williams_3
Ok so I finished my trailer…any thoughts? I’d be happy to hear your criticism :sweat_smile:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0abw094kyqebCEV3AMEAVX3KQ

Lmk if that link works btw I haven’t posted it yet so I had to share it a weird way

3 Likes

omg now this is awesome and music fits perfectly. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes