I’m writing my very first story and It’s going all right but it could be better, so I was wondering if you guys had any tips for a new writer.
I find that when reading a story I like to be showed a character’s story or past with little flashbacks.
Show, dont tell.
I have a story, and for me it really works:
To listen to music. It gives me ideas for my next episodes.
if i get a idea for a episode but its really weird to bring it in,i write it down. when i think it is a good time, I adjust it.
Check it over and over and over and over again. until you think its good.
I hope it works!
Thanks a ton love!
• Only write when you have an idea or insparation or you’ll stress yourself out
• Dont move too fast in the story (i keep doing it lol)
• Make the readers be able to click with the characters
• Make them cute
• When writing take breaks don’t write too fast
• It says to write at least 400 lines per episode but i would do 1000 as 400 is really short mine are short because of all the coding
• When you read it, you may cringe but others won’t
• Always, ALWAYS love your story never think its not good cause of the amount of reads never write for reads write for fun
• Make a Instagram for your stories
• Take your times always
• Enjoy your fans
• Post a lot if you can but don’t rush
• Don’t start a story thinking you’re gonna get 500,000 reads in 60 days for money start it for fun if you start it for the money you’ll stress yourself and the story won’t be that great
• Don’t give up
• If you need help or are stuck post on the forums for help don’t quit
• If you get angry or your eyes are strained takd a break
• If you’re gonna write all day have a drink near you
• If you like animals or have any its great to have them next to you
• If you get famous don’t let it get to your head some people only want you when you’re famous make sure you know the real and fake friends
• Savor the fanmail you get
• Try not to get annoyed by people asking about updates but you still may I lovd it though lol
• When responding to fanmail add the date at is like 09-29-18 so others know when you said that do the same for chapters at the end say when it was published
• On your profile add your insta if you make one
• Make great covers and splashes they gain reads
• On the forums when you publish let everyone know do random tags and make a poll asking if they will read it and put it on promo thread make sure to do many r4r’s as well
Aw thanks so much these are some really great tips and some I really needed to hear