Sharing Opinions In Forum

From what I’ve seen is that in forums, whenever somebody shares their honest opinion on something, people just attack them instantly, and to me that is just sad to see.

The world is filled with opinions and whether you like it or not it’s the truth, and you can’t do anything about it.

If someone speaks their opinion on something, just don’t interfere with them, let them be, its their choice, its their mindset, and you can’t do anything about it, so stop trying to make them feel miserable.

I stick up to my thoughts, and I feel like these fights over opinions should stop.

8 Likes

3 Likes

I agree with you, but sometimes people use their “opnions” to mask their hate :thinking:

4 Likes

Then flag any post’s that violate the forum rules and the forum team will take care of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, it sucks when I agree with someone’s overall point of view but can’t really back them up because they’re attacking anyone with an different or opposing view. And some people get very aggressive if you dare disagree with them, no matter how respectful you are.

But here’s why I like writing my opinions and why I come to this forum so often: Despite the drama and hate we see from time to time and the occasional insult you might get here and there, the mods do a great job at taking care of it as quickly as they can and they’re very helpful if you have any concerns (from my experience, at least). Last negative encounter I had with a user, the whole thread was wiped away from existence as soon as I flagged the OP for being blatantly inappropriate and insulting. That’s efficiency right there.

I honestly don’t think I sound as “articulate” in real life as I do on the forums. This is a place where we can proof read our posts, edit them, delete them, and think about what we’re writing and research as long as we want. We can take our time to write each post and choose how we address one another. So even if we disagree with someone, we can be respectful and debate without many slip-ups.

Anyway, tl;dr: I like the forums. I understand why there are disagreements, it’s inevitable. But there’s no need for the attacks and insults; it doesn’t help anyone :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s hard for our generation lol, we’re told to embrace and love our opinions because they make us who we are. But why should we tell someone our opinion, when we’re in fear of their hate?

2 Likes