Short episodes and fast updates or long episodes and slow updates?

I’ve found by writing on Episode that if you update fast but your episodes are short, people just complain about the episode length, but if you update slowly but you make the episodes longer Then readers spam you loads asking when you’re going to update and why you’re taking so long :joy::woman_facepalming: just wondering what other authors do in this situation?

2 Likes

wanna note I am not doing this myself but

Have entire story written before you publish. and publish 2 or 3 at a time.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, you can’t please everyone.

Having many readers spam you for updates can be overwhelming, but at the end of the day, it’s your story. You chose your update schedule, if you want one, and you write at your own pace.

Most authors that I’ve seen on Instagram have a story dedicated to their schedule or have stated in their bio about updating. Some authors may also block.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea but having the whole story written beforehand is kinda difficult cos obviously I have uni and other stuff going on so I just update whenever I’m free

Yeah that’s true I guess… do short episodes really bother people? Cos I get a lot of messages complaining about it but I feel like if I write long ones it will take me forever on top of my hectic university schedule

How short? I personally like episode that last 10 -15 minutes - 20 minutes maximum. There are others who prefer 30 minutes or more. In addition, for those who spend money of tickets, they would probably want to read longer episodes.

But, like I said, it’s your story. As long as you feel like the you’re happy with the content in each episode, that’s all that matters. If you want to try and cater to your readers demands, then they will have to wait longer so you can write more. But, don’t pressure yourself.

On average my episodes only last 6 or 7 minutes, I feel satisfied with the content in the episodes but I guess I don’t want people to get annoyed with the length

I think this is the most important thing: if you feel that you put in enough content, it doesn’t really matter how long your episodes are. I personally like short episodes, so to me 6-7 minutes is just perfectly fine, but some others would say that’s too short. So yeah, you can’t please everyone.

For my first story I wrote super short episodes and I received a lot of complains. Lately I’m trying to write longer episodes and even though now I update, like, monthly instead of weekly, I’ve been getting only positive feedback since then. I don’t have thousands of followers, so I’m not sure what would happen in that case, but I don’t want to rush my writing for the fast reads anymore. I just want to make sure that my episodes are worth spending a ticket.

6 Likes

I seen people who just updated and then get spam. when is the next, like They have just put one out calm dowm

the thing that make me angry is that some readers want both , long épisodes and fast updates :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That’s some good advice, and I’m glad you only receive positive feedback now!

1 Like

Hahaha

1 Like

Trust me, it’s so annoying haha

the readers doesn’t even own the story :roll_eyes:
excited readers : omg when the next épisodes ?!
annoying readers : put the episode really fast like in 3 days or else i’ll not gonna continue read your story
author : didn’t put update for like 2 weeks
annoying readers : you’re sucks post now !
2 days later the author still didn’t update the épisodes
annoying readers : just post now i ain’t got my time to wait
i am happy that i Don’t get those fan mails

2 Likes

If that happen to me and I was in bad I would properly answaer for evry mean comment I will be puttining the update off with a day. five mean comments okay five extra days to wait for you

2 Likes

I’m screaming at the accuracy of your post :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I dont know if I shall be sad or happy I dont get this fanmails.

1 Like

you should be happy haha fanmails of readers complaining are a headache

1 Like

i never got this type of fanmail , my first fanmail was an kinda hate one but still i rather have my first fanmail that is a kinda hate one than those annoying fanmails

1 Like

Hahaha it’s cool I get hate and annoying ones, we’re in the same boat :joy:

1 Like