Short or Long episodes? Which one do you prefer?

Hey guys! I have been writting an episode story for a while now and it just hit me on how long I make each episode. I make an episode about 5-10 mins long and thats quite short compared to other episode storys.
What do you think?
Short episodes or long episodes?
And why?
Please be honest and kind!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest, I prefer long episodes. Since I actually have content to read and I’m not wasting passes. But, I think about 6 - 10 minutes or maybe less is probably enough. I usually have a target in the amount of lines I put in the script. (usually 1500 or 2500) So I suggest you do that too. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Cool!
sometimes the advanced directing takes alot of lines and in some episodes when i dont do advanced directing lines are short but in all the episodes the timing is almost similar so i think it would be a problem if one is short and the other is long you know what i mean?

1 Like

I prefer long episodes. So 10-15 minutes is good to me since im a fast reader.

3 Likes

cool! thx for sharing!

1 Like

Agreed! I think that’s the perfect length.

3 Likes

I prefer short episodes. Because I prefer my reading time to be short per episode. Hope this makes sense :thinking: I don’t like the episode to drag on. And when the author updates, having a long chapter to read can be frustrating sometimes :sweat_smile: I’ve heard short episodes are good for reader’s retention :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I like episodes that aren’t super short, but aren’t super long. I honestly think 5-10 minutes is absolutely perfect. I prefer long episodes in a story with about 30-50 episodes, because I can take my time and enjoy the story with long episodes, but in a day or a few days, I can move on to another story. I read Episode about 4 times a day, meaning I use up about 16 passes per day, so I finish stories fairly quick.

2 Likes

I like chapters that are 10-15mins long. x

1 Like

I like long episodes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I personally don’t like episodes which are longer than 10 minutes, I can get distracted or bored easily and then it really sucks when the episode is 20 minutes long :confused:
But on the other hand, episodes which are like 2 minutes long, isn’t my thing either :smile:

2 Likes

same here!!

Same!!!

1 Like

Agreed.

2 Likes