Should EPISODE be 15+ instead?

mustread

No. Authors should respect the guideines and write for the PG13 audience. Why should under 15’s be penalised because so many authors disrespect the guidelines and breach them.

Also from England! Totally agree with what you guys have been saying! There’s a reason we have an age of consent in the first place and laws to protect us when something bad occurs. Episode needs to have a huge discussion about this.

Bump! :grin:

I agree 100%. Is the link on the first post working for anyone else? It’s not for me.

I don’t really think the entire site should be set to 15+. Episode is a fun little site that I think is a great tool for teaching kids the basics of programming logic, it actually reminds me of Scratch a lot. I think it could be valuable for younger kids to try to figure out how to use. (This reminds me of when I was a kid and Neopets taught me everything I know about HTML, lol).

That being said, I do feel like a rating system would benefit the site. The stories are kinda advertised like seasons of a show, for the most part – it would make sense if there were ratings. (Kinda like fanfiction.net).

Because there’s not way to prove ages, it might be difficult-- but I think it would be cool if we had G, PG, PG-13, and R ratings. (Though I would think R ratings would still have restrictions, maybe just keep R to stuff with minimal cursing or potentially triggering content? Nothing graphic, of course.)

They could set it so you put your age in when you sign up, and the age you put in restricts your access until you’re old enough. Also, kinda like Neopets – if you said you were under 15 or so, I think it restricted your access to forums or something, for internet safety and such.

I think this would be a good feature, and allow people a little bit more freedom to not only tell the story they want, but filter out the content they don’t want to see.

EDIT:
I’d like to add, I don’t think 18+ stories or stories with too graphic of content is a good idea. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with trashy smut fiction, but I believe allowing such content would make it a much more difficult app to advertise. I don’t think Google allows stuff with NSFW content, unless it’s auto-locked and you have to manually go in an allow it. (Like on the tumblr app, for example.)

Not to mention, this place is full of kids.

Yeah… puberty hit them hard.

support

I mean whats the point of episode guidelines if their featured stories are having mature content for example bad boys , the stories should be rated.