Should every story should have customization?

no

1 Like

I don’t think it’s necessary for every story to have CC. In many ways, I think Episode stories are like tv shows because it’s visual and you can’t control how people look in tv shows either.
Also, people can’t also look the way you picture them. That’s just how it is and I think readers commanding authors to include CC miss the real point: The story itself.

4 Likes

I really quite like CC! I feel that it’s such a unique take on reading, I really enjoy it! Ever since I started reading this way, where I can actually insert myself into the story, I can’t read any other way. Except for classics like Harry Potter, but I think it’s quite special being able to insert yourself into the story. It’s every readers dreams. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Definitely not. There are two types of character in Episode: the reader character and the original character.

The reader character resembles the reader and you should get more choices than the original character because people want to choose their personality and how they react to things.

The original character is the author’s vision and it’s up to them whether they give you CC or not since the story isn’t about putting yourself into a different situation

It is up to an author whether they decide that they want to CC or not and I am so tired of going into authors fan mail of an amazing story only to see 500 entitled people acting like they’re owed CC. I just wanna say “grow up people”

I have nothing against people who stick to CC stories, but to demand that non-CC stories become CC? Lol these people are so entitled. What does the author owe you?

5 Likes

Also I find it really self-centred and narcissistic to not be able to read a story if you’re not in it. We should be able to empathise with all peoples.

5 Likes