Should girls and boys be embarrassed to change in front of each other?

Just wanted to see what other people thought. Will be closing this topic soon. xxx

2 Likes

when i was in kindergarden boys and girls changed togheter .but at school we where in each our locker room personally i dont care. but i have never been imbaresed about my body

but i know many girls who cant even stand to be naked infront of other girls

4 Likes

ahh. Yes. I guess it depends on the person. xxx

nope. not at all. I had my pe clothes on already so its good for to change.

1 Like

XD xxx I dunno, i just feel weird changing in front of boys. (In primary, that is :joy:)

also, im from the UK if you dont know why tf im saying “primary” and spelling “color” like “colour” loll

4 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Well, for swimming, since we would have to strip completely (excuse how inappropriate that sounds, you know what I mean), we always changed separately. However, starting from Year 5 (10yrs old) we would change for PE in different classrooms- the boys went into the male teacher’s classroom and the girls went into the female’s, because there were two classes in one year, one with a male teacher and one with a female teacher. However, I wouldn’t really mind changing for PE in front of boys, because for swimming in secondary school, we wear, not exactly sexy, but very revealing (low neck, high hip, giant gaping hole in back) swimsuit as uniform, so by changing, all they’d see that’s new would be my stomach.

1 Like

yeaahh get ya. I guess its not that bad when you’re younger. When you get older it gets more embarrassing xxx

@Jeremy can you close this topic? Thanks!

wait @Jeremy do you close topics or does Sydeny_H close them?

I would be…

2 Likes

Personally? I would be ashamed.

1 Like

I mean if I trusted the person I wouldn’t mind but if it’s a complete stranger I wouldn’t even consider doing it.

1 Like

I would hate to change in front of anybody, I even get a little embarrassed when changing in front of dogs and stuff.

2 Likes

Tbh I’m not comfortable in getting change in front of anyone. Girls these days are more likely to bodyshame other girls and boys are more likely to do the same.
It’s just worse when you’re in primary and secondary school where they will instantly judge you or what you wear underneath the clothes. This is why I felt traumatised because girls in my school used to pick on me just because I grew a pair of boobs.

So the answer to that question, I don’t think it’s really a good idea for boys to get change in front of girls and vice versa because they’re most likely to laugh at each other and bodyshame each other.

2 Likes

I mean, if you don’t want to change in front of others in general, then you shouldn’t have to? In primary we had to, for PE we just got changed in our classroom all together. We had alot of windows in our classroom and were pretty close to the street, now I think about it we probably should’ve had curtains or something. We stopped getting changed together in about year 3, then the boys went to another room. Obviously in comp we had boys and girls changing rooms. We were all quite friendly and no one shamed each other. I don’t know if it was cause we were too young to know what body shaming was (tbh we were 11-16) or if people just didn’t care. Some girls got changed in the toilets, but no one really minded. I have a deformity with my spine that’s visible when I take off my top, but I wasn’t bullied or anything for it. Now I’m older, I wouldn’t mind getting changed in front of boys. Tbh I’m quite body confident, but when I was like 13 there would’ve been no way in hell. So bottom line, get changed where pleases you.

2 Likes

It depends on the person. I, for one, won’t have any problem as long as I am among people I know. Like as long as its my classmates or friends, it doesn’t matter. I understand some people are not as secure of their body so they would rather not change in front of others.

It just depends on a person, his personality and his surroundings (like his society and upbringing) really.

1 Like

In primary school we had to change infront of boys until we were 10 that’s when they started to separate us. Now that in secondary school (Currently 15) We change infront of all girls so I’m comfortable changing infront of girls but not boys at this age.

2 Likes

Well I’m a very insecure person but I don’t really have problem to change in front of anybody as long as I know them. For me it doesn’t matter if they’re boys or girls, it’s just a body. I change in front of my guy friends all the time.

1 Like

They both can.

1 Like