Should I accept an acting gig?

My agent told me that a show wants me to play a teenager girl in an upcoming show… except filming is in America and is in the beginning of 2019. I live in the UK… is it too risky to take? It means I have to leave everything, uproot my whole family, and pause my education. :confused: It’s not a lead role, it’s a supporting role to the lead role.

4 Likes

i just don’t want this to blow up in my face, it’s my first acting gig and I’ve waited months for it.

1 Like

Yes you should do it

Do it!! And what show?

Whoops if anyone saw the name, i can’t say coz I don’t even know if I’m doing it. It’s a show about teenagers and highschool.

1 Like

I think you should go for it. This is a huge opportunity that may only come once

2 Likes

I say go for it if you’re passionate about it! :wink:

Following our dreams is very important : )

I understand it’s hard to leave your family & schooling behind, however opportunities like this are rare so you need to make a decision :smile:

Whatever you choose must make you happy :sunny:

Personally for me, I wouldn’t take a role in acting because I hate being on camera plus it’s not my passion :rofl:

1 Like

haha lol, yeah I’ve been waiting a while for this opportunity, it’s just feeling too real now.

1 Like

It’s just the before shock. I think you’ll be happy you took the role once you meet your cast mates and become good friends with them. When I got a letter in the mail to join an exclusive musical theatre company, I was hesitant to join, but now I’m very glad I decided to join because I have all these wonderful friends! But most importantly,

FOLLOW YOUR HEART :purple_heart:

If your heart says to go, go, but if your heart says to stay with your family, the that’s what you should do.

2 Likes

omg thank you so much, I’m glad I found someone I can relate with!

1 Like

Np! And if you need any support while filming, I’m here for ya girl!

Right, so I think this is a brilliant opportunity but may I ask - are you about to take your GCSEs by that time period or have you finished GCSEs and A Level?

1 Like

Thing is, maybe you show up as a supporting role but maybe a recruiter (is that the right word?) may scout you! Maybe, what they want in a movie or a show is exactly what you have as an actress! I’d recommend perhaps having a tutor whilst filming to maintain the education part, Skype for friends and family.

Acting is a very cool path to go down and you never know, this could be just the beginning!

Yup, I’m supposed to be doing it this school year. :tired_face:

2 Likes

thanks for tips, yeah the school said that I do need a tutor, who has to monitor my education. :heart:

2 Likes

Uhm, this is a little too late. But I have a boyfriend, who knows about me wanting to be an actor, but not actually landing a role.

1 Like

Ah, okay - I am sure your circumstances would be understood and you could always apply as a private candidate afterwards.

1 Like