Should I add periods to the story?

I haven’t read many community stories for now but I don’t know if I should use periods or not, what do you think?

3 Likes

do you mean in your dialogue?

Yes

Like in sentence when characters are talking

yeah you need to add them or else you get an error.

also don’t forget to capitalize the first word on each line of dialogue (:

2 Likes

In dialogue yes, it looks more grammatically correct, but that’s not necessary for story titles

3 Likes

Absolutely. It’s off-putting to me when I see sentences in stories without proper punctuation.

14 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

1000 TIMES YES
I used to never use them because I felt like writing dialogue was like texting but it makes everything feel so much more professional when you include them

8 Likes

Yes, definitely! You are writing a story with proper sentences. Grammar still applies to speech. You are speaking, not texting. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:
Good luck with your story.

Yes, always. Grammar and punctuation is very important to me when reading stories, and if one doesn’t have periods and things like that, I won’t read it. Also if you make not putting periods a habit while writing for Episode and you write outside of it, you may accidentally carry that habit over to that writing as well.

Always use proper punctuation while writing your story. Lack of it is a huge pet peeve of mine.

1 Like

Please do! :sob: English was not my first language and I remember how I didn’t think periods could make a difference in terms of “dialogue” before but now, I see it makes a huge difference in terms of profession! (:

4 Likes

I stop reading after 30++ lines without correct punctuations.

1 Like

Yep! I am a grammar freak, and I nit-pick at grammatical errors all the time :joy: I can read a story with a few errors, but if i read a story without a period at the end of every sentence, I can’t read peacefully

You should, some readers tend to leave if the story has grammar mistakes or punctuation errors.

PLEASE!
I can’t stand stories with improper grammar. I know I’m not the only one who feels that way.
Punctuation is important! If you need help with it, message me on Instagram- I have an archived post about it that I’d be happy to share with you. :wink: