Should I continue my story? Help?

Should I continue my story I keep having to change things and people keep saying my directing is bad and it’s making me less motivated I mean I like writing but it is a lot of work already I only have three chapters out I really was excited about it until people kept saying it was bad and I honestly don’t know what to do thoughts anyone?

3 Likes

no don’t stop, I doubt its bad I felt the same way trust me just ignore the negative comments, feel free to PM me if you need help with something :heart::heart:

1 Like

It’s just SO many people say when doing a r4r that they wouldn’t read it normally because of my directing and when I ask for peoples help they point out things I did wrong before and then I make a change and people point out other things and I just don’t wanna put a bunch of effort into something for nothing

1 Like

Everyone has to start somewhere, my first story was horrible. The directing was horrible and honestly I wanted to give up. But man it feels good to be able to do something I love and do it for the fun of it. It takes practice for sure! It takes a lot of patience but at the end of the day it’s up to you.

Also constructive criticism isn’t bad, it helps you grow. I personally didn’t ask for help since I felt bad. But there are so many resources out there. And people who are willing to help! You just have to navigate through it!

I think you should continue the story!

There’s a difference between hate and constructive criticism. Just want to put that out there!

4 Likes

its not for nothing, some people might think its boring honestly f them but sometimes feed back can help, especially spot directing it can help the story look more realistic

2 Likes

I don’t think people mean to do it but still I ask for help even some times don’t and people only have bad things to say I didn’t think it was that bad and was really excited but then got so many things that people said was wrong with it and it made me SO unmotivated

1 Like

Yep, agreed.

Man, I remember I was so determined to learn how to code. But I thought it was so horrible :joy: looking back at it give, I‘d give it a 6/10. But it takes time and effort and patience!

3 Likes

yea, @Your_girl.kay if you need help with coding or feed back you can PM me and I’d love to help you out. I don’t want you to get discouraged just bc of some rude comments, don’t let it get to you

3 Likes

It’s just hard to keep trying even though people don’t like some of it and I’ve tried changing old episodes and then also I’m using the feedback for my next episode but it’s taking me forever to get it done and I’m wondering if it’s worth it

2 Likes

I’m not going to lie, I wouldn’t read a story with poor spot directing. But if it has good dialogue and a good plot, I’ll bare through it.

I can help you if you want.

1 Like

Ok I’m down to get help even though I’m getting tired of changing it tbh

1 Like

I’m sorry if I made it worse, but I rather not lie.

Your dialogue and plot doesn’t have to change. But then again, I remember reading your story and your directing was so much better than my first story.

1 Like

U didn’t make it worse I need somebody to be honest because lying isn’t gonna help I just don’t want like super rude type stuff like at least let me know if I’m doing something right cause I swear I’ve hardly had anyone say good things about my story and it’s really discouraging

1 Like

This is the link http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4833837780762624

2 Likes

I’ll check out chapter 2

1 Like

Ok! Thanks it’s appreciated!

1 Like

Yep, so I decided to read chapter 1 again. Since it says that you made corrections. I believe those are the corrections I made. So far, I don’t see the corrections I made. I’ve seen a few.

Also I think people are talking about scenes like this.

Where the characters pop up out of no where.

If I recall correctly, I pm you about the speech bubbles.

I know some readers who don’t like when the speech bubbles appear on characters faces. Don’t tell me why :joy: my friends hate it. Others don’t but you can go back to the pms to check out what I said.

If you need help on it, let me know.

Ok I’ll make sure to fix that I honestly didn’t realize it was such a big deal to some people lol do u have anymore corrections?

1 Like

I can bump the pm ?

1 Like

Sure

1 Like