Should I discontinue my story?

Let me ask you this: What is your reason for thinking you should discontinue your story? From what you said, I’m guessing you want to discontinue it because of the reads. Are you comparing your reads with others with more? If so, that’s the problem. You shouldn’t look at your reads as your success. You shouldn’t look at your reads and think “am I good enough?”. Reads shouldn’t matter. I know that’s easier said than done.

Look, people are going to be luckier than you and get more reads overnight or even sooner. But you have to remember it’s you and millions of other stories on the app. Don’t think yours isn’t good enough because of how many reads you have. Please don’t compare yourself with others. You will get more discouraged with that way of thinking and we don’t want you think like that. It’s really negative.

If you love your story, continue it! You should continue because you have a passion for it. Continue it for yourself.

Only discontinue if you have no love for it anymore. I’ve discontinued stories because I didn’t like how they were going or I wasn’t as excited as I was in the beginning or I had no motivation for them anymore.

If you discontinue it because you don’t have the reads that you wanted, you should really take a step back and think about why you are writing in the first place. Why are you writing? Do you love it or just want the “fame”? Do you write for yourself or for others?

Giving up should be your last option! It’s the easy way out if you have the love for it!

I hope this didn’t sound too harsh. I was kinda going the tough love route because I feel like for these kinds of topics, it’s necessary. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll check out your story, love! And don’t give up! Persevere and keep pressing on! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! That is so sweet🦋<3

1 Like