Should I Get An Instagram?

I know that many Episode authors have IG, and I keep asking myself, should I get IG?
I know this topic is pretty stupid, it’s just that I don’t have one, and I’m thinking about getting one. I feel like it’ll be very useful for updates, cool posts, and for helping people out.
Comment below if you think that I should get an IG. :slightly_smiling_face:

• Dasha
1 Like

I think you should. It would help readers to know about updates and other things. If you do get one, I’ll be sure to follow you :grinning:

I’m in the same boat as you. It will be interesting to see what most people think

Go for it! Your readers and fans can foĺlow you on social media and keep updated on what you’re working on plus it’s a great way to meet new people in the Episode community, make friends and support each other.

Yes, without a doubt. :blush:

Having an Instagram account helped me gain new readers. I had only 500 reads on my first story for a few months in August 2016/September 2016 before I had Instagram and it went up to 2000ish by the end of the year after having an Instagram account. It varies for different people and certainly takes time.

You get to engage more with your readers be it through picture posts, videos, comments, discussion posts, insta stories, polls, sneak peeks, etc. Sometimes, when readers read your story, there is a possibility that they tag you in their posts or screenshots and that certainly helps you gain new readers that might be interested in your story as well. You can also link your story on your Instagram bio. While Instagram is a wonderful place to start for self-promotion, it’s also a great place to show some love to your favourite authors/editors/artists/etc and also to form new friendships too. I’ve met a lot of wonderful people on there. :blush:

Also, not many people might be aware that our stories exist unless we made some announcement about it like on the forums for example. Not everyone uses the forums. Some prefer forums, some prefer Instagram while some have both. So having an Instagram would help you reach a bigger audience.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Other then the app, it’s a great way to connect to your readers! The app’s question and answer page is great but no where near as fast as Instagram. You can let your readers ask their needed questions and let them know when your next episode is uploaded; this is great because it creates less clutter in the fanmail section. I’d highly suggest the IG page and make sure you let the readers know its there for them.

Love, Sky x

I have mixed feelings about this.
As others mentioned, if you are a writer, Instagram will really help you to get noticed and gain more reads and followers. I saw many people saying they don’t even look at the trending section anymore, but check what their favorite authors and friends recommend on Instagram. If you are not there you will miss the chance to share updates with people or to get tagged in posts etc.
I completed my first 2 stories last year and had quite a lot of reads (at least comparing to what I was expecting), but since then my ranks went down and there are only a very few people who is reading my story recently published. I know that this wouldn’t be the case if I had Instagram, and my previous readers would get notifications about my updates, so I decided to create an account not a long time ago.
But even though I registered with a brand new e-mail address I have never used anywhere, followed only Episode writers and setup my Insta NOT to connect my personal Facebook contacts with my account, it did. After two days I started getting notifications from my FB friends and they were listed in my suggested contacts as well. Since I wanted that account ONLY for Episode, at the end of the day I deleted it and will probably never look back. Sorry for the short essay, but I wanted to share this because it made me pretty annoyed and I thought others without having an Insta account should be also aware of that.

Okie, thx ya’ll! :slightly_smiling_face:

“Don’t. It’s a trap.” -me, while simultaneously checking Instagram
In all seriousness though, I do recommend it. It’s a great tool for promoting your story, keeping up-to-date with other authors, and feeling like part of the community in general. I’ve made a lot of friends through Episode’s Instagram community. 10/10, would gram again.

Just don’t get so sucked into it that you forget to actually write your stories.

1 Like

You should get it, I would follow you!

Aw, thx Oprah!

Instagram can definitely be a huge distraction BUT I highly recommend it. It’s a great way to share your work and meet some pretty cool people. :heart:

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: