Should I have seperate romantic routes in my story?

I have four potential love interests, and their lives are very closely intertwined so the universal events doesn’t differ. I just realize that people seem to write their stories linearly, and you sorta get an ending with your love interest it seems? But I am approaching this more like an otome (which I am more used to writing) so you get different “routes” for each love interest you choose, and you’re kinda stuck with them til the end. This branching is the most major in the story and you get kinda a warning ahead that’s like “The story will branch next episode, where points will matter for who you end up with”

With this current plan, I have at least 10 different endings. I was cool with that but I am not sure if this is the norm for episode stories…? or should I just not have the major route branching?

I hope this makes sense, do ask if it doesn’t!! Here’s my planned mindmap (w/o spoilers) to show u what i mean:

Thoughts? Feedbacks? Here is my thread where i posted about the characters and stuff.

1 Like

DO ITTTT
it sounds awesome :heart_eyes:

I love otome games—

okay !! I do wonder if episode stories can be replayed ;; bc I wouldn’t want someone to regret midway through like “oh i shouldnt have chosen xyz”

1 Like

OH wait! You can only replay the story 5 times :worried:

1 Like

oof, oh yikes. so those who would like to try get other endings/routes can’t because there’s a limit, ugh. then whats the point of having an interactive story? they’re fun bc they are a little different each time :pensive:

1 Like

Ikr?

1 Like

arg bugger. this really kills my plot bunny. I might just end up publishing the same story like 3 times so people can replay it

1 Like

:joy:

I’d be down to read it even when it’s published three times!

1 Like

That’s good to know!!! I’ll also make sure that the episodes are replayable too.

1 Like

Already in love! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

oh shoot I just realize you can’t duplicate stories orz just the code
i’d have to redo al the characters/outfits again
EPISODE WHY DO YOU MAKE EVERYTHING HARD

1 Like

Akfbjendnenndkenfnendnsne

RIP @boofenshmirtz

Hello @boofenshmirtz, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley: Moved this to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

If you’re worried about that you can always add a bonus chapter and basically what you would do is give Snippets of each person or whatever that you would end up with so that you could kind of see what the outcome would have been each time

1 Like

I don’t quite understand that ;A; can you elaborate?

So basically you would have all your endings that would be cause and effect by the story what people choose how they reacted to something you know by your choices and stuff it would lead them to whichever ending that it should then like because you said you had multiple love interest what you could do is basically say your story is 35 episodes long I’m sure it’s longer than that just using as example so what you would do is make an extra episode episode 36 and basically you would take like if you had chose I’m just going to throw out a random name Dave as a love interest this is what your ending would have been if you had picked Tyler this is what your ending would have been and just basically little Snippets at of what the ending would have been nothing too much to give away like everything that would have happened throughout the story but if they would have ended up together or if they wouldn’t have asked you know MC would have ended up by their self just like that you know just basically a bonus chapter that shows each ending

2 Likes

ohhhh i seeeeeee thank you! I’ll keep this idea in mind

1 Like

you’re welcome and having multiple endings is a great idea by the way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.