Should I know something about black culture to write back character?

I will add more black characters in my story in the next season. Both of them will be lgbt+. One of them will be in forced marriage. The second one will have a perfect life with her girlfriend. They won’t know the MC until they cross paths. The MC will help that one girl that is in forced marriage. Then she will find out about the other girl. They have other problems and she will help them. There won’t be racism because it’s against the guidelines.

But is there something that I should know about writing black characters? I don’t want to mispresent something. So many authors were called out lately for misrepresentation and I don’t want to be like them.

2 Likes

What exactly do you want to know?

1 Like

It’s great that you’re interested babe. It depends on the ethnicity of the character. If they’re from the Caribbean their culture would be different to an African. Do you have a rough idea where you’d like them to be from?

They will be africans

1 Like

Alright do you have a specific country? Like Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Zimbabwe etc?

1 Like

No

Alright, pm me and I could help. :purple_heart:

So I don’t need to do a research. I am not going to write about their culture. I will write about the bad things they are going though

2 Likes

I can give some advice.Feel free to Pm me.

1 Like

What is the name of your story?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.