Should I make a LL or Ink story?

Helllo, I know Limelight has become the preferred style because of all the updates and features, but are there people still reading ink? I just finished my first story (in ink) that I started 3 years ago and I was planning to make some series out of it… so should I just change to LL or stay with Ink for a bit longer?

LL or INK?
  • Ink
  • Limelight

0 voters

Do you still read Ink stories?
  • Uh, no
  • Yes

0 voters

1 Like

INK will always be my first love :heart_eyes: but you’ll prob get a lot get a lot more reads in LL, especially since the majority of people who like older styles are older users (and older users make up the minority of the app). I would be a little caught off guard if the story style changed for a sequel though.

3 Likes

Although I prefer Limelight, I still read Ink! So it’s up to you :slightly_smiling_face:

You can also do two versions if you’re up for it, both Limelight and Ink.

2 Likes

Same, Ink will always be my fav

1 Like

Doing 2 versions would be the dream, but toooo much work given my spare time lol.

1 Like

Limelight really starter to grow on me tbh (in the beginning I was so used to ink that I refused to read any limelight stories and they looked weird to me) but with time and many many new updates limelight is now really beautiful in my opinion. Now I read more limelight simply because there is more of it now, ink stories are usually older ones that I mostly already read, but if I find a new good story in ink I wouldn’t hesitate to read it! Although if you are aiming for a high number of reads I would suggest that you make the story in limelight because in my experience a lot of people prefer limelight exactly because of new animations but also larger customisation options (new hairstyles, facial features, clothes etc.) and also people who only recently joined episode don’t have that much experience with ink so I don’t think they are that used to it. My younger sister started episode earlier this year (while I have been reading for at least 6 years now, my first style was actually classic which is now super weird to me :sweat_smile:) and she thinks ink is weird and if she can choose between ink story or limelight one she will always choose limelight.

1 Like

Yeah, the LL features are cooler and more diverse… makes sense to do LL even if the style is different than the first story.

1 Like