Should I make my MC catholic?

• Hell yeah!!!
  • Nahhhhhh

0 voters

Thank you for the votes

Is it important to the story?

2 Likes

It’s not really important but I thought it would make story more relatable cause like 34 percent of people are catholic

1 Like

If your story is a “you” story as in you have the option to name and customise the MC as yourself, I would recommend not giving your MC a religious identity.

I had read a story where I named and customised the character as myself and the MC which had my name said “I’m catholic” it really bothered me a lot.

“You” characters shouldn’t have religious identities IMO.

3 Likes

Maybe I should add option on that?
That’s a great point

I think it’s a great idea to give your main characters a religious identity! There aren’t that many stories where the MC actually practices a religion. But like @PoojaI said, if it’s a YOU story, maybe you should include an option where the reader chooses their religious identity (although this would include a lot of branching whenever the MC’s religion is mentioned). However, if it isn’t a YOU story, then it’s an excellent idea to give your MC a religious identity.

1 Like

What I would suggest is if this is a YOU story then right before you give the option to name and CC put and A/N “before you name and customise just know that the MC is catholic, if you do not wish to customise, name her insert name

1 Like