Should I Open Commissions?

Hello there! I’ve been debating for a while now, whether or not to open commissions. I have been practicing my art for a very long time now, and I am now quite happy with what I can produce, though am always getting better!

I feel that I would be particularly fond of doing profile pictures for anyone who would be interested, and while I’m sure there are plenty better artists than me, I’d love people’s opinions on whether or not they would want something done by me! :smiley:

The first happy customer that comes to mind would be the person I’ve done the most art for, @ShanniiWrites has a lot of art by me, and she seems quite happy with the majority of it! (I think a lot of it needs work, but she is adamant that I capture her character Vince very well >.<)

And for those of you interested, here are a few examples of my work!

Profile Pictures

Summary

I already did one here for @Willowbean and I was super proud of it >//<

Character Design

Summary

Covers

Summary

https://www.deviantart.com/chaoticdeluge/art/Insomnia-757979216

The cover I did for the lovely @Caitoriri, I had a blast with this one!

https://www.deviantart.com/chaoticdeluge/art/The-Queen-of-Freaks-772612439

The QoF cover I did for @ShanniiWrites! Very recent, a good show of my skill level >.<

https://www.deviantart.com/chaoticdeluge/art/Kito-Cover-777359969

My own cover for my story, please feel free to ignore :3

Other Stuff??

Summary

21 Likes

(Supports)

6 Likes

I support as well!! You’re really talented! :grin::purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks Willow, always makes me smile seeing you use the profile pic x3

3 Likes

I agree with them! How much are your commissions?

3 Likes

Thank you!

Always love to hear the voices of appreciation!

1 Like

:o I actually haven’t thought about it!

Shannii and I were chatting and we figured a reasonable price for the amount of work I put into a normal profile picture and such would bring it to £5 or £6? (6 or 7$) But I’m not sure, I’m really not used to taking commissions ^^’

1 Like

Covers can take me anywhere up to 15-20 hours to finish right now so I’m on the fence about taking commissions for covers unfortunately, I know a lot of people need them but I need to practice cutting that time down a little >.<

2 Likes

Ok, well I’ll give you time to decide on what prices you’d like for your work and I’ll be back to see about covers!! I keep looking through the pictures :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Just seen that!! Ok well I’ll just wait on your decisions! Do what’s right for you.

1 Like

Absolutely! I have something ongoing at the moment that I really need to finish, I just wanted to test the waters and already got a far more positive reception than I thought I would!

Thank you for the compliment! I thought I’d put too many examples to be honest >.<

As for covers, I’m on the fence right now, Shannii seems to think I’m more than capable. So if you’re in desperate need you can absolutely PM me and we can chat particulars, that’s up to you though! I do need a little help with price ranges, it’s the hardest thing in the world to try and price your own art. I always think it’s too high

1 Like

omg why is this even a question??? skakakamsnsms youre soooo GOOD :star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

oml thank you x3

It’s a legit question, I’m your typical artist I guess. I never think I’m good enough >.<

1 Like

Also it takes me a hundred years to finish any given piece, tbh I really need to work on that

1 Like

Ofc you should! Your work is amazing!

2 Likes

Aaa thank you!

All of these positive responses I’m dying Dx

1 Like

Even if i replace it(with the another pic u draw) ill keep it in my phone gallery n///n
Thank you again

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

I’m just glad you liked it so much, I was so nervous

1 Like

:relaxed:

1 Like

good work takes timmmmmme :star_struck: don’t apologize for being talented :joy:

1 Like