Should I Open Commissions?

Haha, thank you xD

I’ll work on it, hopefully the stuff I do is worth the time!

1 Like

it is!
i don’t need anything right now, but if i ever do i’ll be sure to come back here! :grin:

1 Like

By all means, I’ll always be open to a DM! You already have a rad profile picture ;D

And thanks again, im glad you like! :smile:

1 Like

Your art is so good! I’d charge people for commissions because I can see the amount of work you put into each edit. Comissions can be stressful but I say try it out! :facepunch: :star2:

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I’ll go for it :smile:

1 Like

If you feel up to it and have some extra time on your hands, go for it!

1 Like

I really love your style! Take commissions! If people want you to do covers and you’re worried about the backgrounds etc, tell them! :blush: then they can either do that themselves when you give them the character art or you can find a background together that works!

1 Like

Definitely, do commissions! Also, I’d recommend doing a few broad splashes that people can use in their stories and opening an online store! Or Deviantart. You could put splashes on Deviantart and charge for downloads!

2 Likes

First of all, nice to meet a deviant on this forum.Secondly, I didn’t find anything interesting in any of the profile pics or character designs you did but I find really innovative ideas and skills in the cover section that you uploaded on deviantart and they seems like they are a cover of a 2D cartoon or comic series.

Since your art has a lot of room for improvement cause even in the final piece I find a few errors according to perspectives but good job with the hair .I’ll say go ahead open commissions if you are proud of your art but with a lower price like $5 to $10 for full body character.But a wise decision would be to practice until you are close to perfection.

1 Like

Just a little more art for you to show off with! :wink:

7 Likes

I’m glad you noticed it looks like a comic cover, it’s illustration specifically in regards to graphic novels (and tattooing) I did at college, and while I do like a good painterly style don’t get me wrong (I’m a patron of Sakimichan for a reason) it’s that illustrative style I find is my comfort zone

Thank you for the feedback, though, I’ll be sure to take it on board!

4 Likes

Ooo that death picture wouldn’t load for me, thank you :3

And I forgot about those goodwitch ones!

4 Likes

Realistic art isn’t always the best art. :wink: Comic style or 2D cartoon can still be just as good.

5 Likes

Your art is amazing and I think you should start commission. :smile:

2 Likes

ohwmygawddd :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Awh thank you buddy :3

2 Likes

Haha, thanks for the compliment :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re welcome buddy. :smiley: :charmander_dancing:

2 Likes

@ChaoticDeluge apart from all my critiques if you made those covers regards to graphic novel I say you did a good job.And sakimichan is the best.I’ve been learning art from some of her art tutorials . however the last choice is always on the artist. Do what seems best to you.

I didn’t mentioned realistic art is the best @EpisodeShadow , did I?.I myself referred his art as a comic series that I find good in his art style.

2 Likes

Thanks! I agree, Sakimi has a very different style to me but her tutorials are still very useful, although I prefer the process vids. Inspiration in spades!

5 Likes