Should I Open Commissions?

I’ve seen some skilled fast food workers. They can make burgers an art form <3

2 Likes

Kk ty,

But they don’t need to! It’s not the part of the job description. Here on Episode, you’re not gonna get paid unless you do the art and you’re not gonna get paid if people don’t like it. You have no job security or pay. You have to make your work an art. It’s not an extra nice thing.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel like lowering it down a little if it doesn’t work out is probably a good plan. I wouldn’t take that idea off the table completely.

I’m not in desperate need of commissions, if I was you’d be 100% right tbh. If it was my only way to make money I’d be selling covers like the ones above for like 5$ xD

1 Like

But since I’m not in desperate need, I can put a lot more time and care into the work! Which is how I’d prefer to do it personally.

Just me tho

1 Like

Your covers should be more than 7 at least. Those others just trace Episode characters, they are using actual property. You do this on your own. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m sorry but one of the things I like about your work is the fact that it’s not just the same old generic Episode fish. If you’re gonna turn to Episode art to make times shorter, you lose your individuality

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not familiar with commisions so I’m just sayaing what came up on my mind

I was so scared that you’ll be mad at me

Only thing is that don’t commision episode style,

1 Like

For a hand-drawn cover with two characters on it, I would expect to pay at least $30 USD personally (and even then, that’s a lot lower than what other artists seem to charge).
So even $20 would be a steal lol.

3 Likes

I’m not mad, don’t worry >.<

I’m not particularly familiar with commissions either, it’s why my prices were very basically just hour-based. I’m not sure about the typical going rates xD

2 Likes

Really? Dang :o

I would be happy with £20 for a cover like that, maybe even a little less.

2 Likes

Ahh, wonderful :3

3 Likes

:squiddance:

4 Likes

This is great news!

1 Like

this is soooo pretttyyy omgggg respectt!!! :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Sakimichan is amazing even tho her style is nfsw now i can still learn so much from her

1 Like

This is really late but I checked out Sakimichan’s art and I’m amazed by how the lighting looks.

HOW?!?!??!

Also your art style reminds me a lot of a comic characters. I love it!

3 Likes