Should i stop here

so I am writing my new chapter for my story and the chapter has become much longer than I had planned

I have already what is happening in every episode and with this, I am only halfway through. but I already have over 2000 lines.which is without zoom and speech bubbles and such cause i have not made them yet. I dont know if the other half is gonna be just as long.

should I split the chapter up?

edit i have just take time and chapter is almost 20 minutes as it if

2 Likes

It depends what is happening in the episode. Can you break it and make it two separate episodes? Will it leave a good cliffhanger?

1 Like

yeah you can always split it up. you just have to find the right place

2 Likes

You can stop there, readers get bored if the chapter is too long

2 Likes

My chapters sometimes have up to 3000-4000 lines, but I have a lot of choices there, so of course, there are a lot of different scenes to write. The reader will not read the whole 4000 lines then.

I think it depends on how long it will take the reader to read. When you already read it, and it´s really up to 20 minutes; I would also split it. I personally hate chapters which are too long. :slight_smile:

Moreover, also, you could surprise the readers with a double update. I am sure they will be more than happy to read two chapters then <3

1 Like

i would split it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.