Should people be notified if someone gets banned?

I think that we should be told if a user gets banned, because there have been friends of mine waiting for weeks for a response from a friend of mine who got banned, and we had to try to find them by joining loads of other forum and hunting around for them.

I think it would save everyone time if there was a banned users thread where a mod could simply post the username, that’s all it would require.

7 Likes

in private message but i dont think they will discuss about it. Im just guessing.

2 Likes

I don’t really like the idea of other people becoming aware of who gets banned. I feel like some people would rather keep it to themselves than have everyone know. If I was banned, I honestly wouldn’t tell anyone.

Also, having a thread of banned users just seems humiliating to me ngl. It’s kinda like a name and shame (like where hospitality businesses who break a law/regulation are named on a website).

Finally, I just don’t think it’s anyone else’s business to talk about who’s been banned. It’s exactly why people who are being banned are messaged privately. It’s nothing for the whole world to see.

17 Likes

A whole thread for people who were banned would be sad…
But maybe there should be an automated message for each PM they were in to notify the other person that they won’t get a reply anymore. Or maybe an emoji next to the username (like birthday/anniversary already has) which shows that the user was banned could be a good idea :thinking::eyes::sparkles:

8 Likes

Each suspended user has a note on their profile page stating that they have been suspended :astonished: . The best plan of action regarding suspended users not getting back to you…just look at their profile. If it say’s they are suspended then chances are that they will get back to you once the temporary suspension is over or they will never get back to you via the forums since the account is permanently suspended. Either way the best way to tell if a user is suspended or not is by looking at their forum profile. Thanks all :v:

16 Likes

I agree. I would be a bit embarrassed if on a thread someone said: @UnicornPlayz.Episode was banned!

2 Likes

Well, I don’t think that’s a good idea. I mean, you can just look at someone’s profile to see if they’re suspended or not. And it’s kinda weird to notify a person that a complete stranger who they didn’t even know existed got suspended. If all the users got a notofication saying that I got suspended, I would feel hella embarrassed.

Continue following the forum rules and you won’t have to worry about this :wink:

2 Likes

To me it’s really not necessary.
I think it will bring more attention to those that get banned in a negative way. I personally will be very embarrassed. If I get banned I think it’s my business. No need notifying the whole community about it.

1 Like

Definitely not a good idea to publicly announce who’s suspended it’s a little embarrassing for that user I’d hate it if they publicly announced I was suspended.

1 Like