Should stories have customization?

I’m writing a story but I’m not sure if I’m going to include CC yet. What do you guys think? Do you think stories should have customization? Would you still read a story without being able to customize your character? Do you like picking a name? Please take the polls below and explain why or why not! :grin:

• I only like to read stories with CC
  • I don’t care if the story has CC or not
  • Other (please explain)

0 voters

• I want to be able to customize my love interest/s
  • I don’t mind customizing love interests

0 voters

And finally…

• I don’t care what the name of my MC is
  • I like customizing the name(s) of the MCs in my story

0 voters

Thank you guys!!:blush:

2 Likes

If the story is really good, I don’t mind having no CC! But I really do enjoy being able to make my own character.

For the love interest, all I know is they better be hot if there’s no CC :joy: I think I care more about the LI than my CC!

With the name I do not care at all. I even did a poll with my readers/followers and the majority didn’t care about the name.

5 Likes

I would, but I know there are a lot of readers who wouldn’t, so if you want more reads, I definitely suggest you to add CC. I’m not sure how important is the MC’s name, but I personally don’t like when I have to choose it without knowing anything about the character

4 Likes

Personally, I never customise neither the MC nor the love interests because I like to see what the author had in mind and those characters were often specifically designed for the story. I also don’t change the name. However, I am a writer myself, so that probably changes a lot.

I have found that a lot of readers feel a bigger immersion when they can change all of these things and stories are usually more successful on Episode when you give these options.

I went with a mid-point where you can customise the MC and change her name but you have limited customisation for the LI and you can’t change his name. This was appropriate for my story but it changes for every story!

My advice that no one asked for: Do what you feel is right for your story, you can always change it later if you want to! :yay:

4 Likes

I would, I’m too lazy to name everyone the sometimes I change eyebrows but not much more.
And as a writer, in my first story I didn’t include CC because not only I describe features but family members have same noses or eye colour. As for naming, I do research on names to give to the characters to match their birth country personality.

To finish because I rambled to much. This is great advice :point_down:t5:

2 Likes

I personally hate it, fine if you want a character to change clothes and cc just puts me right off

1 Like

It depends on the story type

If it’s a cliche or pregnant story or a story with more than 2 Love interest then I want CC

if It’s other stories like the onces with few choices I don’t want CC (long as the character isn’t well ugly)

1 Like

My story has lots of custom overlays so I can’t really add CC :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your help!!! :heart::heart:

1 Like

You are so sweet :speak_no_evil: Thank you for all your support! :blob_sun:

1 Like

Yeah, understandable. If you still want to add CC, you can make it limited, but if that doesn’t work for you, just go without it. Readers appreciate a good directing too, and in these cases they are more likely to accept that there’s no customization

1 Like

For me it depends who you play as. If I am supposed to play as “myself” then yeah CC would be good but if I’m playing as a certain character I like to play with the look the author had in mind, if that’s the case I barely even customize the character anyways.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.