Should this have a Warning sign?

In my story, the main character and her little sister’s mom is not exactly there for them. She disappears every few months on a new crusade with someone. My main point is that a social worker comes, chat with girls and everything. would you consider that sensitive and in need of a warning sign of some sorts?

i think it just needs the normal “This story contains mature themes.” warning splash :relieved:

2 Likes

That was fast. Thanks!

1 Like

ahaha you’re welcome !

1 Like

No, that’s like nothing, what’s even triggering about that?

1 Like

Because maybe it happened to some of the readers and I don’t want to put only a strong language warning and then the scene happens and then some people say maybe you should’ve warned me about that.

1 Like

I would agree on the mature themes splash but not really a trigger warning as such, it can be a sensitive topic but it’s mild in comparison to others.

1 Like

It’s a social worker coming to talk with children, not exactly PTSD fuel, but if you use a general warning for mature themes and strong language it should probably be fine.

1 Like

i cant think of a specific trigger warning but it never hurts to warn people just in case. id say in the chapter this starts happening you can use narration along the lines of “in this story the characters experience a neglectful mother. if you are sensitive to this you may exit the story” thank you for being considerate of your readers!

1 Like