Should you be working on only one book at a time?

Hi guys! It’s Brii.
I’ve been wondering this for a while now and I’m still curious about it so I was wondering if anyone could help me answer this?

What is the best-suggested amount of books you should work on if not just one?
I was thinking that maybe these two books could help improve each other in the making if you make them at the same time but I still don’t know.

Thanks if you can help me out! I can’t wait to see what amazing suggestions you provide to me :smiley:

• Brii Springs
4 Likes

Whatever your able to do!

2 Likes

I suggest working on one and putting your all into that one. (then if your half-way finished or completely)
Work on the other one it depends on how much you like your storyline and where it’s going.
For me it’s best to work on one at a time so I can focus on that one story after I finished I can move on writing is a journey to me you learn from one book to the next it takes time and patient well at least for me it does. I know many other people who can multi-tasks on different stories I can never thou :sweat_smile:
I just have to do it one at a time plus it would get overwhelmed the only thing I can is planned it separate from google docs and a notebook (That’s just the planning stage, coding 2 stories at once is hard.) (Plus I’m attached to my main story ofc I’m attached to my other stories just wanna do one at an time lol)

3 Likes

Tysm, this helps a lot. I will take your advice into thought.

1 Like

Your welcome you do whatever works best for you tho :heart:

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t know. I can only speak for myself on this one. :thinking:

I personally like to work on two because I’m the type of person who feels limited if I try to force myself to work on one. My two stories are totally different — different genres, different vibes, different character personalities, different storylines; one’s a zombie horror and the other is a dramedy.
Sometimes I’m in the mood to write horror and sometimes I’m not, hence my other story. But if I try to focus on one story only and don’t feel like working on that genre, then I won’t get any writing done because I don’t have another option.

With that being said, efficiency and consistency is still important for a story’s success, so naturally working on two stories at once would require more time, effort, dedication and patience as opposed to just one, so do whatever suits you. :relaxed::v:t2:

3 Likes

Tysm that is an amazing suggestion, I will definitely take that into consideration. Ty again.

1 Like

No worries! And good luck with your story(ies). :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I think you feel like you are a le to do it then you should go for it. Everyone is different, some people can only focus on one project at a time but others like working a little on one and then work on another. So it’s really what works for you, as long as you’re organize and dont mix your stories up then I think you’ll be fine. Just dont burn yourself out too much also

2 Likes

It’s best to focus your attention on only one story at a time. If you get a spark of inspiration for another story you’re working on, you can write down any ideas you have or refine your story plot.

From my personal experience, I get nothing done by working on more than one story at once. But again, everyone is different 🤷

2 Likes

Thank you so much, you are right! I don’t want to burn myself out (that line really got to me lol) tysm

1 Like

Tysm! This helps a lot as well, in glad you help me out :relaxed:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Well actually I know someone who is working on two at the same time and they have said it helps them focus. It stops them from getting writers block as often because they get to shift between the two. Me personally for publishing would only be able to do one and the person who is doing two stories at the same time has years of experience on their back. I think when you first start a story you should focus on that one story but when you get further into the story you can play about with new ideas/stories.

1 Like

Thank you! This helps a lot, I really appreciate it.