Silencing Poc on the forums

I’m sick of seeing poc (specifically black writers) being silenced on the forums, meanwhile actual racist people continue to show their privilege over and over on every thread regarding poc. I’ve seen too many accounts get flagged (and banned) for being respectful while trying to explain the black experience on episode. Even topics expressing our desire for more diversity will get flagged and shut down. Why? Why can’t poc express themselves? I was doing a bit of reading earlier and a girl (I won’t name her but she knows who she is) had the audacity to tell a poc to stop whining, she even said “Does that mean you have black privilege” as a reply. Sis what? Black privilege isn’t a thing. Let me repeat THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BLACK PRIVILEGE! If it was a real concept poc wouldn’t have to keep begging for more diversity on episode. Anyways, what are you guys thoughts?

16 Likes

wow, I didn’t even know anything like that was going on, but honestly POC being told to shut up and get over it isn’t really anything new. I just didn’t realize it was happening here, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

6 Likes

It’s her opinion. If you say you can constantly talk on threads with your opinion then she can do the same with hers. :relieved:

2 Likes

She asked what we think.

I replied. Anything else?

2 Likes

No problem luv.

1 Like

Pull what crap? Expressing my thoughts as black person? I didn’t say anyone was getting silenced based on racism what I did say is that apparently racist/ignorant members of this community keep getting away with their bs while poc keep getting shut down over and over. There are multiple threads that discuss diversity, and there’s always that one person that has to get pissy and complain about us asking for something so simple.

4 Likes

No offense but by saying this, you are proving her exact point of the post.

1 Like

You couldn’t offend me even if your life depended on it tbh.
And what u said is just a vague phrase that doesn’t make sense. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

We are all allowed to express out opinions yet here you are calling her names for hers? “If you pull this crap,” Seriously? I agree that you are entitled to whatever you say but like others have said, don’t silence others for opinions or call them names. I know you would have said this exact thing if I were to do that to you. Jeez, it seems to me you are being more offended than her. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

People who throw insult at others just to prove their point usually are the “childish” one. If you want to seem like the “bigger” or “smarter” person in the thread then express it respectfully. :relieved: Just saying–

1 Like

For people who try to act like they are right they sure use a lot of cheap language and grammar to express it. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Insult. :face_with_monocle:

It’s not an insult, just because she or u don’t like the sound of it. It’s a fact

2 Likes

If you think it isn’t an opinion than I could say the same for you. But that would be silencing yours and insulting you. You have an opinion and I’m happy you are telling me and others. That’s what she’s doing. By saying that, you are technically silencing it. :face_with_monocle:

And you are not liking what she is saying, correct? And yet you said it wasn’t an opinion??? It still is her opinion whether YOU like it or not. :relieved:

that’s what I call justification.

1 Like

o·pin·ion

/əˈpinyən/

noun

1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

What I’m saying is purely my opinion/observation. I never stated anything as fact. I’m not a detective, I don’t have time to go search up past treads expressing diversity and the ignorant replies. If you want to see them, feel free to search it up yourself.

1 Like

And that’s what she is saying is an opinion. You are justifying some things but overall, it’s also your opinion. :relieved: You didn’t like what she said, mainly why you used cheap words like “crap” or “ass” to express it.

Insulting.

Another use of cheap words and an insult. :cowboy_hat_face: It’s funny how you are saying we are offended, we aren’t. It clearly shows you are though. Blatantly shows. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Literally throwing profanity around shows people are offended. @Episode_trash_hunter Has not expressed one curse word other than crap compared to another. So who is really offended? :face_with_monocle:

What about being suspended for mentioning an issue that concerns people? No bashing, no going against guidelines. The reason for suspension was “disrupting the forums”. It’s not the person’s problem if people like you get offended and start turning their opinion into drama.

4 Likes