Simila's Reviews (CLOSED)

Here to review stories! :wink:

HERE ARE THE THINGS I MAINLY LOOK FOR:

• Spelling (I easily get annoyed at spelling mistakes, and it’s usually easy to spot them. Tell me if English isn’t your first language, and I’ll cut that off the list.)

• Directing (I’ve read many, many stories, and it’s simple for me to tell simple / advanced directing. If you aren’t sure what type of directing your story really is…hmu :kissing_heart:)

• First impressions (e.g. cover, description, title, ease of finding the actual story…) This is a big one. Rarely do I read stories unless they actually catch my eye. Basically, it’s the description / cover that prompt me to read a story. And the first chapter of a story is what decides if I continue or not.)

• Music (I really enjoy having sound in the story, [and most of the time, will only read stories that use sound], although since this is a review thread, I’ll make some exceptions.)

• Overall first chapter review (To me, first chapters are the most important thing. They decide if I should continue reading a story and add it to my favorites list. I will tell you if I decide to read your story beyond its first chapter impressions, but keep in mind - don’t be offended if I don’t. Out of all the stories I’ve read, I only add around maybe 20% to my favorites.)

Also… I’m doing this since I’m literally running out of stories to read. (Although I’m seriously screwed when all the authors upload their new chapters, which are usually weekly…) Hmu with a story, but keep in mind that this is a review thread, NOT a promote your story thread.

DISCLAIMER - Please don’t cry if my reviews are too harsh for your liking. After all, this is a review thread, and I do not easily get impressed by just any story. Will be providing criticism of at least a few paragraphs, so be prepared to read. :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Story Title: Inner Circle

Author: zapcatini

Instagram: @zapcatini.episode

Genre: DRAMA, romance

Style: Limelight

Episodes: 4 right now, more coming soon!

Description:

The lives & lies of rich and famous college students aren’t as glamorous as they appear. Scandal, secrets, love and lust. Can you handle a world where rules don’t exist? CC LGBT

Link:

2 Likes

I read your story, previously. I think it was featured, although I can’t remember which shelf it was on. :wink:

Summary

Spelling - 10/10 - It’s fine, no errors as far as I can tell.

Directing - 9/10 - There are some errors in some spots. Sometimes, the MC walks all over other people’s feet, but that was only once, as far as I could see. Pretty advanced directing! I read the second chapter, and it’s fairly complex.

Storyline and plotline - 6.5/10 - The storyline doesn’t make too much sense in terms of realistic-ness. Everything happens a bit too quickly? The MC just walks over to the popular kids and is just like… Heyyy wassup? Or maybe that was based off of the choices I made, since choices matter. :joy: Also, literally like 5 minutes after meeting the “popular” group, she gets invited to a party to see if she’s “worthy” enough to join their group (and also kiss a guy she doesn’t even know in the process)

Music - 10/10! I liked it, and it fit the theme at the right times.

First impressions - 8/10. Great cover, and it made me want to read the story. Description was a teeny bit cliche with the “scandal, secrets, love, and lust” part, since many stories also use this description. It was really easy to locate and find, since the title is very unique and easily memorable. Same goes for the cover (easy to remember)

Would I continue? - Yes. I’m interested in seeing what happens at the party. (Which I haven’t gotten to, yet.) Also, I liked that choices mattered, AND you made the time to even include choices! Many authors don’t include choices, so that was very nice of you. I’m most likely going to continue reading.

1 Like

Lol it was on the March editors pics shelf :blush:

About the plot, I know it gets really unrealistic, it’s supposed to be a super soapy drama story, so I guess it’s just the genre. Otherwise, thanks!

1 Like

This is a narration heavy story… this is EXACTLY the review I need!!! Thanks!

Title: My Kalona
Genre: Fantasy
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4559018983227392
Description: Naomi desperately tries to bond with her estranged father, but becomes the prisoner of a Native-American curse that threatens all. Will her choices lead to freedom or failure?
Notes: Chapter length will vary depending upon choices through-out the story (gain or loss of characters, multiple paths, hidden scenes etc…)

1 Like

Happened to catch this while browsing through the forum, would you be willing to review the first episode of my nearly published story? :eyes:

1 Like

Title : Take My Heart
Episode Author : Jiya
Genre : Romance
Style : Ink
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4602924031868928
Description : Shawn visits NY to get away from his childhood love. But what happens when he meets an ordinary girl? Will she help him unite with his love or show him what real love is?
Cover :
Take_My_Heart_pc_posterThumb_thV1iW52T5
Episodes : 1 (more to come)

1 Like

Here’s mine. My first language isn’t English, but I’d really appreciate some help with the spelling! :slight_smile: And there’s no music…sorryyy

Title: Adventurous: Project Humanity
Author: Dreamer
Genre: Adventure
Style: Limelight
Description: In a world without sadness, your father starts a little project. What happens when you take part in it? Will you find your place in a world with new possibilities, new feelings?
Episodes: 3 (more coming soon)
Instagram: dreamer.episode
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5815192505614336

1 Like

Title: The Miller Family
Author: KR Iglesias
Genre: Comedy
Episodes : 3 (more coming soon)
Summary : The Miller Family was already full of dramas and abnormal reactions, but what happens when an extra-sly dramatic kiddo enters ?
Style : Limelight
Link

Cover:

1 Like

Hi,
I would love a review, my story link is http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5097630993022976
It’s called I made the devil cry,
It’s dark fantasy about hopeless situations, war, fate, broken people, loss…
You’re a soldier trying to save your kingdom from darkness, choices matter.
Thank you for your opinion, my first language isn’t english and don’t worry, I won’t be offended, I feel you , I can’t do read for read myself because I’m too picky and I actually enjoy just a few stories. But I’m afraid that my first chapter is nothing much and I’m deciding if I should keep it or revamp it so … :smile:

1 Like

Please review my story

Title: The Star Necklace

Author: Mayah

Genere: Drama

Style : ink

Description: you are the most rich girl in your country in addition you’re famous but what happens when the Star Necklace uncovers your true identity

Instagram: @maya.wiliams0

Link http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6248660515487744

Episodes: 7 more coming soon

Cover:

1 Like

Heyyy I would love for you to review my story But it isn’t published yet But can I be like in the waiting list

1 Like

My story: © Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
Genre: Thriller/Mystery/Horror/Fantasy/Adventure
Description:
Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets in Asia. Can you survive, solve the havoc and save everyone before it’s too late? (An Asian fantasy-reality story of humanity, freedom and hope, aftermaths and consequences, test and trials, discovering oneself, friendships and kinship, leadership and truth.) FullCC
Episodes: 5/6
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

Cover

1 Like

I’d love to hear what do you think about my story!

I was working pretty hard to publish it!
Ans, English is not my first language, but feel free if you will find grammar mistakes!

Title Scars
Author inxmyxeyes
Genre Action
Style LL
Episode 3 (more coming soon…)
Link CLICK HERE
Description The past created who Eve is right now. Life never goes easy on her. That’s why she became so ruthless to anyone she’s ever met.

Instagram eve.episode1

1 Like

Title : Complicated :the fate
Author : Pragya Sampath
Genre : Fantasy
Chapters :6 out (more coming soon)
Style : Limelight
Description : Renowned CEO Stefan Magnifis,invites you and your friend for a medical conference dinner. Later,a few run into’s and unexpected dates with him,you know that he’s beyond you think…!

***All types of feedback are welcome***:heart:
I know my first episode will be very bad at directing, so can you just see my second episode. It’s cool if you don’t read that :+1:

1 Like

I would love a review from you!! this is my first story and english is not my first language
Author: Madhu
Story Title: Black hearts golden desires
Genre: fantasy.
Description: Nand is a princess of Solataria, along with her better two halves, her sisters. But what will happen if an old enemy arises back for revenge? Will Nand be able to handle it?
Chapter: 6 (more coming up soon)
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5019562149478400
Instagram: @epi.madhubhgd
Cover :
U can pm me your feedbacks. If u like my story then follow me on @epi.madhubhgd for sneak peeks and updates

1 Like

Hiii! So sorry for the late response, but here’s your review! :kissing_heart:

Summary

Spelling - 11/10. For the first chapter, there were absolutely no errors as far as I could tell, and wording made sense / sentence structure!!

Directing - UNDECIDED - 9/10? Since this was a Spotlight story, I paid more attention to character’s reactions instead of actual directing (e.g. spot directing and all that, lol) Character’s reactions made sense as to whatever they were reacting to. Not too many problems here.

Storyline and plotline - 7/10 - I liked it! It honestly seems like a story whose plotline can really be expanded into a really great storyline. However, a few minor parts were confusing, and sometimes, time seemed like it was a little bit nonexistent (e.g. things happened to quickly). Also, it’s a little weird / unrealistic how the MC talks to herself sometimes. (When she went to her room after school, she was just like… “Now, let’s call my friend!”, although this is just a little something that doesn’t really make a difference to the plotline itself. Whether you keep this sort of asset is entirely up to you, since I’m not sure if you intended on having the story like this. :kissing_heart: Also, this is just something that made me a little bit bored, but the intro was a little… confusing? It was complex coding, obviously, so I liked that. But, I was a little confused about what was going on in the intro part. Also, the intro was a little too long, and I really wanted to get into the story itself to see what the story was like. I haven’t read the second chapter yet, (ALTHOUGH I plan on doing so once I have the time) so I’m NOT SURE if you intend on shortening the intro (so please disregard this intro review part if you plan on doing so), but if you do intend on keeping the intro as is, that’s entirely up to you, once again. But just keep in mind, after reading several episodes of a story, most readers tend to want to get straight to the storyline, and not sit through a 30 second - 2 minute intro…

Music - 9/10? I previously read your story because I saw you promoted it on a thread, but I couldn’t remember if there was music or not :sob:. If you want me to revise / edit this review in terms of music, I’ll gladly review another chapter FOR FREE for you. Intro music suited the theme as far as I can remember. Very mysterious choices of sound effects.

First impressions - 8.5/10 - For one thing, the title of the story is really memorable for me. Idk, but I just remembered “My Kalona” right after reading it. It’s just a title that’s really smooth, hence, why it’s easy to recall for me. The cover, needless to say, is extremely appealing. It sets the tone for the story. That description is literally perfection in all its glory. No wonder you have a successful first impressions review thread!! It had a sense of wonder and mystery, making me want to wonder what’s going on with the “curse,” and obviously, I love stories where choices matter, so I really liked that aspect, where you went to the lengths of coding the story so that the story length depended on the choices made.

Would I continue? - I rarely ever read spotlight stories (this is NOT because I don’t like them, but because I can literally RARELY find a spotlight story on Episode anymore…). But, yes! I would want to continue reading, and see what Naomi’s up to. HOWEVER, I did note some parts were a little bit unrealistic (e.g. the conversation between Naomi and her friend was a little bit strange / funny in my opinion, since it was a little vague… Also, I understand if you wanted to add to the tension, but Naomi was talking about / worried about something during her day at school, which the reader (as myself), doesn’t know what it is. However, I most likely think you will reveal whatever she’s worried about in the second chapter, so again, disregard this if you plan on doing so, (and once I read that second chapter darnnn I gotta know what happens next… :wink:) Also, here’s a little funny thing - The first ever spotlight story I read was Episode’s featured My First Everything. And… no offense to those who liked it, but it really was one of the worst stories I’ve read in terms of realisticness / what was going on. Since it’s rare for me to find a good Spotlight story, needless to say, yours set the bar really high on my expectations list for this story / plotline style!!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Sure! You can PM me if you feel uncomfortable sharing it here!

1 Like

I’ll get to writing your review as soon as possible! :kissing_heart: Will delete this once the review comes out.

1 Like

I’ll get to writing your review as soon as possible!! Will delete this once the review comes out.

1 Like