💙 Simran's Story Review Shop! 💙 [Closed For Now]

Can you tag me when you open?

2 Likes

Sure! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for requesting! :blue_heart: Here’s your review:

Short Summary

Your story was really impressive! From the idea to the directing, I was really struggling to find any major flaws in your story! I really loved it and will probably continue to read it! Even if this was kind of a sequel, the storyline and plot were pretty clear to understand even without reading the first part! Overall, I think this story was really good!

In Depth Review

First of all, the concept of your story and the plots are just amazing! This story was actually very intriguing to read! I was genuinely curious about what happens in the episode next and I think this story deserves a lot more reads than it already does!

I also really liked your directing and attention to detail in the story! Everything felt well balanced and well thought out. I also really liked your character development! After a few chapters you really start getting a feel for your MC. Your directing is also great! Especially the way you used see-through characters, like Ryder! It really gives a nice effect!

Another thing I absolutely loved about your story was the balance between the two love interests. There are a lot of stories out there, including a couple featured ones! :eyes:) that can’t balance the story and choices if there are two love interests. It feels as if one LI is more favored over the other and you really don’t see much of the second LI. However, your story included several choices that determine points with both love interests and I really liked that! This might just be because I didn’t read the prequel story before this one, but I wish there would have been some time where you really get to know the love interests and maybe a little bit of their back stories, before having to choose several choices that use point systems!

A thing I’d like to point out is that in the first few chapters, there is a lot of dialogue and backstory explained through speech bubbles. I kind of get that you might have just added it in for people like me who didn’t read the prequel and don’t know who these guys are. But (in especially the “girl’s night out” scene) there was an overwhelming amount of information given to us at once. This might be a really small thing, but I would have loved to see more visuals than speech bubbles. Maybe that’s just me tho, and I register things slower in general :joy:

This is another personal preference, but maybe adding in a few more choices that affect the future that aren’t choices about the Love interests would be good! So far, I’m on chapter 5, and the only choices I’ve really made feel like they were just to do with point systems and love interests. I’d like to see more general choices! Maybe even a couple of useless ones like dressing games! You’re really on the right path and I love what you’re doing so far as far as choices go, but even small choices make the reader feel more attached to the character and really make you think that you’re choosing your own path!

I don’t know if you could tell, but I did really have a hard time coming up with valid criticism for your story! Your story had all the factors to a good story and you really exceeded my expectations!

Final Rating

9/10 As you can tell by the rating, your story is as good as 10/10! I really did try to come up with more points about where you could improve, or parts that I didn’t like about your story, but your story was actually really good! You’re definitely going in the right path and overall, if I really liked your story!

1 Like

Aww, this made my day! Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m actually considering adding more choices that aren’t related to the love interests. I’m actually making this huge minigame for my next episode. ;-;
The thing I hate about dressing games is how much effort they take to not really have an impact. I recently added choices that builds the MC’s personality more bc it’s a surviving kind of story.

1 Like

You’re welcome! :blush:
And I’m glad to see that you’re considering adding more choices! (Also, excited to see the minigame! I’m sure it’ll be great! :upside_down_face:)

Thank you so much for requesting! :blue_heart: Here’s your review:

Short Summary

The concept and mysterious feel to your story is astounding! I really liked the kinda “Murder Mystery” type of vibe it had and overall I think this is a really good idea and has a lot of potential to be a truly amazing story! As far as directing goes, I think you did a good job, but there’s a lot more that could have happened and a few bugs/glitches that I found. Overall, your story and plot is thrilling!

In Depth Review

Like I said in the summary, I really did enjoy reading your story! There was a good plot, a mysterious storyline and a little sense of humor, which I absolutely loved! I really like how the story is going so far, and would love to see where it goes! However, (this is solely based on the first four chapters) it did feel a bit cliche, with the whole, “One close friend group, and then suddenly one of them goes missing!” Of course, this is just based on the first four chapters and I would love to see what plot twists you add to really make your story stand out within probably hundreds that follow the same kind of storyline in the beginning.

I did also feel that as far as overlays and directing goes, it was a bit glitchy. Like the hand overlay used in chapter 2 when we’re waking up one of our friends from the pool table, it didn’t exactly match the skin tone I chose. Also the car overlay, (pretty sure in the same chapter, a little bit later) which was used kinda “faded” into the scene, rather than already being there. I think your story could me so much more with the use of more advanced directing and the small bug fixes!

There were also a few unnecessary details that I felt weren’t needed in the script, or could have been done better. Like in chapter 1, how you mentioned that you made the intro art for your story. I would have understood giving credit if someone else made it, but I don’t think it was quite necessary to put that in if you were the one who made it! In the introductions, I would’ve also preferred if rather than explaining it, the personalities of the characters could have been more reflected through the way they speak, or their actions. But that’s just a personal preference!

I liked that you included choices that matter into your story! I also liked how it isn’t too obvious of which one is the “correct” option! This is a small pet peeve that I have in stories, but I liked how you did it!

And also, like I mentioned in the summary, I liked the small bits of humor you added into the story! I especially liked the main character’s sassy/sarcastic remarks and how everyone has their own personality.

Final Rating

7/10 I think your story was really good! It was lacking in a few areas, but overall I really liked the concept and idea! Of course, no story is perfect, but with a few changes or more attention to future chapters I really think your story can be successful!

1 Like

@Jazz5 I’m open to take more requests for now!

1 Like

Ok thank you

Story Title: Accidentally Engaged
Author’s Name (Your Name): jasmine & rifka
Story Synopsis (Short Summary/Description): You’re just a regular girl until a chance encounter with a hot, famous and egotistical billionaire who turns you into his fiancĂ©e. {Full CC} Art Scenes.
Sensitive Topics Warning (Any topics that you have included in your story that might be sensitive to the reader): no
Story Link: can I send the link privately please

1 Like

Tysm for your words!:relaxed:
I’ll adress some things you’ve mentioned

Firstly
 I have no idea what hand overlay you’re talking about, because I have not used any hand overlays in my story. I haven’t even put up one for approval, so I’m kinda lost there.:sweat_smile:

Second, the car overlay was intended to fade into the scene. I’ve seen it in a lot of stories, and I personally like it, but I understand different readers prefer different things.
Also, thank you so much for your words again, glad to hear them!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Story Title: R&R: Risk in Love
Author’s Name (Your Name): Whitney Erekson
Story Synopsis (Short Summary/Description): You have the perfect life, you have your friends and family, but when work calls you away you leave it all. Can you really start over or are you doomed?
Sensitive Topics Warning (Any topics that you have included in your story that might be sensitive to the reader): I have none
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5478184239431680

1 Like

Hi @sim_epi :yellow_heart: I would like a review too.

Password simreadsstories

Title: I married my troublemaker (limelight)
Author name: Miss Deepika
Style: Limelight
Episode: 23 so far
Description: Fixed marriage with a person who brings trouble in your life, will this marriage turned out to be a success or big misery in your life.
{Art scenes}

Genre: comedy
Ig: @orangeweedie.episode

English is not my first language so kindly bear my small mistakes :heart:

I_married_My_Troublemaker_limelight_posterImage_KPu7T6Ma04

1 Like

Thank you for this thread! :heart:

Story Title: Cupid’s Curse
Author’s Name (Your Name): Rachh
Story Synopsis (Short Summary/Description): Renee secretly lives a double life as the famous singer, Renee Miller, and the god of love, Cupid. What happens when she meets a stranger who starts to complicate things?
Sensitive Topics Warning (Any topics that you have included in your story that might be sensitive to the reader): N/A
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6511960248221696
Password: simreadsstories

1 Like

Thanks for the thread @sim_epi !!
My story is currently published and I would really appreciate it some constructive criticism

Story Title: This Is Me
Author’s Name (Your Name): evie
Story Synopsis (Short Summary/Description): A light hearted story about a girl trying to discover herself whilst also falling in love for the first time.
Sensitive Topics Warning (Any topics that you have included in your story that might be sensitive to the reader): none
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5247954509299712

1 Like

@Jazz5 @whitney99 @orangeweedie @rachel.epii @evie.evie Thank you so much for requesting! I’ll add you all to the waiting list!

5 Likes

I’m so so sorry! Idk what I saw then! Maybe it was a glitch in the animation? I’m really sorry about that!

And I see what you were trying to do with the car now! Thanks for clarifying!

1 Like

Love this shop! Definitely bookmarking! :heart:

1 Like

Aw thank you! :blush:

1 Like

No promblem1

1 Like

Thank you for Requesting! :blue_heart: Here’s your review: btw I’m really sorry it took a little longer! I was a bit caught up in school stuff :confused:

Short Summary

Your story (so far) was amazing! I loved the concept and directing! There really weren’t that many issues with your story at all and I really like what you’ve written so far! I also love the use of art scenes and impactful choices!

In Depth Review

Like i said in the summary, your storyline is really fascinating! At first, it might feel like a classic clichĂ© of how a normal girl meets this famous billionaire, but it’s really so much more! I also really appreciate you directing and find it impressive! From every little detail like a raining effect behind the window or tappable overlays, it’s small details like this that make the story interactive and I love how you’ve used them!

I also really liked that you’ve used choices that matter or at least determine the character’s personality. But you’ve also included timed choices at the beginning, which can be good/bad depending on the reader! Some people feel pressured, but some people like having timed choices as it’s technically more realistic. It’s not really a huge issue, but I just wanted to point out that it could be annoying to some readers.

I would’ve also liked to see a bit more of the MC as after all, we are playing as her. But I understand how you might have done that because the reader’s need to understand the backstory. While it adds a more “interactive feature” to your story, in the scene where we have to google about Adeline’s life/ Foster Parents. We’re basically just playing as another character there. So I would have liked to see a bit more of the MC’s life.

I think Character Development is pretty important in stories. Because it’s only been 3 chapters, you can’t really do much to get the characters really attached to your MC. But I do like what you’ve done so far! We got a peek into the MC’s feelings and I really liked the way you described them! Although, I personally would have preferred a few flashback scenes that serve no real purpose, but are just there to show the MC’s feelings or just so the reader’s can really start feeling some sort of emotion for the MC. Like when the MC found out that she’s Adaline’s twin and that she does have a family after all, maybe a few scenes from back at the orphanage showing how the MC wishes she still had her sister, or the MC being sad would have helped a little more! But all in all, I think you did a good job!

Final Rating

9/10 Your story is just incredible! I liked the concept, plot and directing! I think you’re doing a really good job! I also couldn’t find any major flaws in your story at all, which is why it has such a high rating! I love what you’re doing and don’t think that your story needs any major changes at all!

1 Like

Thank you for doing this, I’d absolutely love a review! :yellow_heart:

Story Title: FT: Seven Wishes

Author’s Name (Your Name): Nahla

Story Synopsis (Short Summary/Description): An archaeologist discovers an ancient artefact which could not only advance her career, but offers her 7 wishes to enhance her love life. Ready for a tale worth 1000 and 1 nights?

Sensitive Topics Warning (Any topics that you have included in your story that might be sensitive to the reader): N/A

Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5425549718257664

1 Like