Skip Button Hell Please

Can anyone tell me how to make a skip option in my story? I’m a little confused on how to do it.

3 Likes

you can also do this w/ tappable overlays if you have a start menu but I’m assuming you would’ve specified if that was the case :)) also you might want to add a “are you sure” in after they choose yes. in case people accidentally tap skip.
NARR
Would you like to skip this episode?
choice
“Yes” {
goto end_episode
}“No”{
goto start_episode
}
label start_episode
#the episode goes here
label end_episode

omg this has helped me too!! thank you

1 Like

I’m a little bit confused on the label start part

And when I do it it’s saying the goto is wrong

here’s what it’d look like in a script

if you copied and pasted what I put earlier, you have to change the " quotation marks

For some reason it keeps saying that “the label does not exist”.

You’ve used a hashtag before the labels, hashtags comment out the coding. Try removing the hashtag (#), see if that works.

1 Like

Hi there, if you want to add an “are you sure?” for extra measure because sometimes readers might accidently skip the episode when they don’t mean to, you can check out:

yeah, that’s how you fix it ^

Thank you all of that helped me thank you so much.

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.